What's new

New razor available from C&E

So I was lurking around a certain online auction site, when something caught my eye - a razor being sold with a tube of shave cream.
The auction stated that what was for sale was a tube of C&E shave cream and a razor. I looked at the pics, and there was a tube of the C&E sandalwood, which I recognized readily. But I was hoping somebody could help me identify the razor. I don't know if it is new, possibly some old vintage Gillette (I couldn't see a patent number or date code). Maybe it is possibly a straight razor. I don't know. But it looked interesting, and I was wondering if anybody has ever shaved with one of these. It looks nice and small, and might do well as a travel razor ......................:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a very limited production run (much like the 195), and made only for C&E, just like Gillette are now working with AOS. You're not far off on the straight guess, it actually is like a shavette and takes half a DE blade which goes in a slot on the back of the razor pictured. The few reviews I've found all say it's an exceptional shaver.

The one in the picture is not a razor: it is a squeeze key, used to get all the contents out of a tube of cream or toothpaste.

this razor works best if you first cut a deep gash in your face, insert the blade into said gash, and peel off skin and beard. The best part is you only have to shave once!

squeeze key !?!?
and I always called it a tube turner upper.

it would probably take a nice edge with some patience.

Einar

Top Bottom