What's new

New R94 MÜHLE ROCCA PURE MATT STAINLESS STEEL SAFETY RAZOR

First shave with the R94 this morning. Very smooth, no weepers. No effort at all to get the angle right. The closeness of the shave feels a bit better than the Karve SB C plate. I like the weight and balance of the razor. At first glance I thought the knurling though attractive wasn't enough for a good grip but after using it I've found it surprisingly grippy. One big difference from the Karve is the noise of the razor. Don't know if it's from blade chatter or something else but it's definitely louder. Didn't notice any ill effects if it is from chatter. In fact I rather like the increase in aural feedback over the Karve.

First shave with the R94 this morning. Very smooth, no weepers. No effort at all to get the angle right. The closeness of the shave feels a bit better than the Karve SB C plate. I like the weight and balance of the razor. At first glance I thought the knurling though attractive wasn't enough for a good grip but after using it I've found it surprisingly grippy. One big difference from the Karve is the noise of the razor. Don't know if it's from blade chatter or something else but it's definitely louder. Didn't notice any ill effects if it is from chatter. In fact I rather like the increase in aural feedback over the Karve.
I haven't noticed that my Rocca is particularly loud, but more importantly I'm not sure that the noise level is an indication of blade "chatter". One of my loudest razors is my Gem Micromatic Open Comb, and given the thickness of the blade and the way is is clamped, I can't believe that the noise is the result of blade chatter. Some razors are certainly noisier than others, and sometimes perhaps it is due to blade chatter, but there must be other factors in the design that contribute to the noise level.

I don't shave with my hearing aids in so the sound is a mute point for me.
Pun intended :)

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

So, after almost one year of shaving with the Rocca R94 on a more or less daily basis, I have to admit that this razor has become my everyday razor, indeed. The Rocca shaves like a dream, smooth yet close and very gentle to my sensitive skin when fitted with a Nacet blade. All my other razors have been sitting on the shelf for a long time and don't really get anything to do. ;)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

So, after almost one year of shaving with the Rocca R94 on a more or less daily basis, I have to admit that this razor has become my everyday razor, indeed. The Rocca shaves like a dream, smooth yet close and very gentle to my sensitive skin when fitted with a Nacet blade. All my other razors have been sitting on the shelf for a long time and don't really get anything to do. ;)
I also bought the R94 when it was first released, such an amazing razor one of my favourites, still not a scratch on it the plating is impeccable, I had a wonderful shave with it yesterday.
20210302_210935.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

6-19-21.MuhleRoccaR96.RV2band.Vitos.640.JPG

Yours was one of the reports which got my attention and helped me decide to buy the R95. I've only used it once, but its audition was quite impressive.

Thanks.

Happy shaves,

Jim

my new razor has a weird circle around the thread. Does your R94 also have a similar circle?
View attachment 1487937
My Rocca (birch handle) is a couple of years old, but is the CNC head and does not have that circle on it. Earlier in this thread, however, someone else posted photos of their Rocca that has that same circle on it. Maybe someone here who is knowledgeable about metalworking can chime in and explain what that ring indicates about the manufacturing process.

I just took a look at my R94 and there is no circle on it. Mine is probably a couple of years old by now I would guess. My backup brand new R94 does not have the circle either. Not sure why yours has that.

Top Bottom