What's new

New R94 MÜHLE ROCCA PURE MATT STAINLESS STEEL SAFETY RAZOR

Hi,

Muhle has released a new Rocca, yes again!.

According to reports the head on this one is CNC machined rather than MIM, so hopefully they have finally sorted previous QA issues with past versions.

6462D61D-5178-463C-B034-B41B9B7FD422.jpeg

This is a Version 4 release of the Rocca with a CNC machined head rather than previous MIM heads, so it should have better build tolerances. From the one report i have read of someone using it i suspect that the dynamics of the razor hasn't changed i.e it is still an efficient shaver. This would tally with previous version reissues of the Rocca in that Muhle make tweaks here and there in the head design but the actual aggression/efficency of the razor remains the same.

I have a V2 and V3 Rocca and can't discern any difference in the shave dynamics of either, despite there being obvious differences in the head design.

Can someone compare the razor to say some other well-known for example what plate on a Rockwell with this compare to or will it compare to what plate on ATT. I have de89 very mild to me.

When they announced this I was thinking about posting but I didn't think it would mark the release of a v4. Hope they've managed to fix all issues people are having with the head now. Looking forward to see reviews on it.

It looks amazing in pure stainless by the way! Though the birch bark version is really beautiful as well.

What was the problem with the Rocca? Me thinks a head that simple can't have any problems.
Apparently the early versions would have uneven blade alignment issues if I remember correct.
Mark from Friendship Shaving described the v2 as having a "juddering, pulling feeling" and when he got a v3 head for it, it was different but still not perfect.

I guess there's just been something about this razor head that causes problems with some skin types while it's been working great for some. I'm gonna wait with getting one until it's "final", like R41 2013.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kix
Can someone compare the razor to say some other well-known for example what plate on a Rockwell with this compare to or will it compare to what plate on ATT. I have de89 very mild to me.
I like aggressive razors. The 89 would be a 3-4, ATT H1, Timeless 95, Karve F, GC 84 and Occam "OC" I rate a 6. The Rocca V3 and Dart are a 7. Mk1 Fatip an 8. R41 a 9. CG 3 a 9+ and Ikon Tech 9++. A straight is a 10.

I like aggressive razors. The 89 would be a 3-4, ATT H1, Timeless 95, Karve F, GC 84 and Occam "OC" I rate a 6. The Rocca V3 and Dart are a 7. Mk1 Fatip an 8. R41 a 9. CG 3 a 9+ and Ikon Tech 9++. A straight is a 10.
Looks about right except for the GC .84. It’s nowhere near the aggressiveness of an H1 or the .95 SB Timeless,

I have the game changer I would rate it between a plate four and five. I also have the ATT R 1 a pretty aggressive moderate razor.

Some reviews I have found rate this new razor More aggressive than the 41 which I found a little hard to believe

My R94 arrived today. I ordered it directly from Muhle the day it was posted as available. It looks pretty dang amazing in person!

Attachments

• 5176FCD6-CFE5-42D9-8100-D92FBCFF4B86.jpeg
    5176FCD6-CFE5-42D9-8100-D92FBCFF4B86.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 271
  • 9C5CD2A3-98CB-4768-8618-4CCE198F385E.jpeg
    9C5CD2A3-98CB-4768-8618-4CCE198F385E.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 277
  • BA6AAD60-3A92-40E0-936E-AE4EC7329389.jpeg
    BA6AAD60-3A92-40E0-936E-AE4EC7329389.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 263
Enjoy! I have a V3 Rocca with the birch handle and it's my favorite non-adjustable DE razor. I'm not sure if much has changed with the V4; I just compared your pictures with my V3 and don't see any differences.

R

romsitsa

I’d say the blank is still cast, finished with cnc. The contact surfaces look much better.

Adam

I guess I got lucky with my V3 Rocca as everything lines up perfectly. I am by no means an engineer, but from what I could gather from looking at differences between MIM and CNC, it would seem that the issue would have had more to do with the QC of the process rather than the methodology.

Someone on another forum pointed out some minor flaws on the head but they did not affect the shave this morning. Brand new Polsilver blade and this razor was smooth but very efficient. I didn’t have any irritation/cuts/nicks etc but you can tell she would like to bite if given the chance!

Top Bottom