What's new

New Persian Jar

I turned this a week or two ago (or was it three?) but got busy with a few other projects and just got around to sanding and polishing it this afternoon. The PJ shape is growing on me. With the long sweeping cove and curvy cup up top it reminds me of... you know. The knot is a defective 24mm silvertip fan that isn't glued in from the now defunct Shave Revolution. While it has the best feel of any of my silvertips, it sits crooked. I'll need to even out the bottom of the plug before it can be glued. It's definitely worth salvaging though, it feels soft and luxurious on the face and splays nicely without being floppy at all. I'm very happy with all my Shave Revo knots, I like them more than TGN, too bad they went the way of the dinosaur.

IMG_0035.JPG IMG_0033.JPG IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0037.JPG IMG_0036.JPG

Another beautiful knot. I am not sure if it is just the way the light is hitting it, but in that first picture, it almost looks like an angry bear on the top left.

Persian jar shape isn't my personal favorite shape, but those colors are amazing. And one definitely can't deny the quality of the turning. Fantastic job as always!

@Hoka Hey - Thank you! And you're right, it's definitely a she.
@Quijote - Thanks! I had to go back and look at it again and saw the angry bear.
@sfeile - Thanks! The shape has grown on me, at least I don't dislike it anymore, but the colors definitely make the brush just as they did on my other PJ.

That's one slick and beautiful looking brush Jay! I love the gold with white. Kind of like a vein of gold in found in quartz.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Hey Jay, like we talked last week PJs just seem to grow on You .

I used one today in my morning shave for the first time and really enjoyed it.
Beautiful Colors and a nice slender shape
Another beautiful knot. I am not sure if it is just the way the light is hitting it, but in that first picture, it almost looks like an angry bear on the top left.
And I can see the Bear also :)

Last edited:
@DCRIII - Thanks Dave! I wish I could make a blank that just has veins through it but after a few attempts I've figured it's not gonna happen. I can get the top (in a block mold) to look perfect but the effect is gone as soon as you cut into it.

@G.W. @Graybeard57 @shipr Thanks guys!

@Graydog - thanks Steve. The shape feels a lot better in the hand than I expected, I can see why the style has been around for years. It could stand to be jazzed up a bit though, I suspect my next one won't be the standard plain PJ.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
@DCRIII - Thanks Dave! I wish I could make a blank that just has veins through it but after a few attempts I've figured it's not gonna happen. I can get the top (in a block mold) to look perfect but the effect is gone as soon as you cut into it.

@G.W. @Graybeard57 @shipr Thanks guys!

@Graydog - thanks Steve. The shape feels a lot better in the hand than I expected, I can see why the style has been around for years. It could stand to be jazzed up a bit though, I suspect my next one won't be the standard plain PJ.

JAZZED UP ,,,,,,,,,,,,Love it ! A blast from the past. This one guy I used to work with always used to say it
"gotta jazz it up man"

Top Bottom