What's new

New Parker

Pokin' around the web and found this. It was at the Dutch Shave Shop. barbershopsclassics.nl. It's called the 71R and is a 3 piece design. Looks pretty cool.

I visited the dutch barber shop two weeks ago and held it in my hands. It looks good, it feels good but I didn't buy it so I don't know how it shaves. The head however is a shameless copy of the merkur closed comb head (as in the HD or the classic). Whether all the angles match I don't know either and you would have to like a heavy razor since it it has a lot of weight but it seems to be well made and at a fair price.

ah this is the razor i have! its supposed to be similar to the basic merkur. the weight feels good. the construction is all metal and feels pretty solid. i am going to shave with it tonight and i'll let you all know how it is. there's a lot of reviews for the 91r but i have the 71r so i think the experience is going to be pretty different.

right like i said that's the parker 71r. classic shaving calls it their classic brand. and the knife center of the internet has it as well (that's where i got mine since it was a few bucks cheaper ha!)

if you read closely there appear to be 3 different manufacturer's of it...but its really made by paker (KCoI says its made by col conk?!?) right so anyway. i think its a good razor...but its the only DE razor i've ever used so yeah...take this with a whole shaker of salt i guess.

the weight/feel of the razor is pretty good and its all metal. compared to a cartridge razor this thing weighs a ton! the grip is nice. its got that ridged feel to it which helps with slippage. and the handle is long enough so that you don't put too much pressure on your face and nick yourself.

i used it with a merkur super platinum stainless blade. it wasn't aggresive so its good for a 1st time shaver like me! it was a little bit hard to tell exactly where the blade was at first, probably cause i'm a n00b. but i did manage to get a good WTG shave with it.

i posted my shave experience with it and gave it a 7/10. its probably not mind blowing like a merkur but its half the price and probably just as good. plus the black and chrome look pretty awesome. i like it. some of the more experienced people on here might not but it worked well for me!

D

dtb

I picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago. This is the real deal.. It blows any other razor I've used out of the water for closeness. It is a tad aggressive, but the shave is fabulous. The quality is great. It is hefty and well balanced.

Top Bottom