What's new

Hi; Six month ago, I was looking around the web trying to find inexpencive 3-blade cartriges to buy, when I found an Article from Leisure Guy about wet shaving with a DE Safety Razor. After I read the article, it came back to me how I grew up watching my father shave with an old Guillete razor. He will have this BBS every single day; so after buying the Merkur HD, a Proraso brush & shaving Cream, I was ready to try shaving with a Safety Razor for the first time. Good thing I'm a member of the Red Cross Blood donnor program, It was bloody! Discouraged I went and bought a $175.oo Electric Shaver; did not like it at all, it will burn my face everytime I used it. Then I found the link for your (our) forum, and I've been reading most of the posting for the past six months and let me tell you, Thank you! I've have learned so much that I'm happy to report that I had a BBS whith a Merkur Futur in the 2.5 setting with a Sharp blade. No nicks, cuts, it was flawless. Now All I have to do is get it done under ten minutes! Thank you very much to all the members of this forum. Marco

Cool! I'm glad the blog was helpful. Welcome to active participation, and isn't it amazing when shaving becomes something you look forward to?

Now All I have to do is get it done under ten minutes! Thank you very much to all the members of this forum. Marco

:a47: No No learn to savor that time, use it for reflection, end enjoyment!
Just my .02

Welcome to the wonderful people and place that is B&B!!!

Welcome to the board Marco. I'm glad that you at least got rid of the electric, those things just chew faces up.

Welcome, Marco!

Persistence is the name of the game. Let your shave time be as relaxing and as enjoyable as possible. It's one of life's simple pleasures that can make the start of your day, or any post-shave time, about as good as it gets! :thumbup1:

See you around the board!

Tchau,
chop-chop

Marco, Welcome to B&B. One of my simple pleasures is a nice relaxing AM shave. Please keep us updated.:badger:

I agree with many of the other board members. Enjoy the time that you shave and don't look at it as something that you need to rush through. Shaving should be a zen like experience and time to reflect and savor.

Glad to hear that you gave DE shaving a 2nd chance and that you are doing well.

Spattz

Welcome Marco. And remember, focus on the pleasure, not the speed! Boy that sounds familiar. Anyway......enjoy!

Top Bottom