What's new

New member says hello, and asks for new razor recommendation

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
What is a Tech razor?
A Gillette Tech is a great 3-piece razor that was manufactured from the late 1930's until today.
20220316_114407.jpg

These date from 1947-1967
20220316_114432.jpg

I love my Tech razors, but my Slim is no slouch either, for me it is perfect set on #4, I think you will love yours.
20220408_202204.jpg

~doug~

Well, I took the Henson advice and I've now shaved with it 5 times. I'm not crazy about the light weight, but I can't deny the great results! I shaved 2 & 3 day growths and each time it was very mild but very efficient. I keep forgetting to try a heavier handle to see if I like the feel of that better.

Not that I'm usually rough on razors, but I feel like I need to be extra careful with it so I don't bend or dent it, though.

Well, I took the Henson advice and I've now shaved with it 5 times. I'm not crazy about the light weight, but I can't deny the great results! I shaved 2 & 3 day growths and each time it was very mild but very efficient. I keep forgetting to try a heavier handle to see if I like the feel of that better.

Not that I'm usually rough on razors, but I feel like I need to be extra careful with it so I don't bend or dent it, though.
I was surprised when I first used a Henson, as well. It is light, so I have to watch my angles, making sure the flat stays on my skin, and I have to resist the urge to press very hard. However, I can use light pressure or no pressure and get a fantastic shave. It is a different experience from my far heavier razors. I like it!

What color did you get and did you get the standard (mild) or the medium?

Ongot
I was surprised when I first used a Henson, as well. It is light, so I have to watch my angles, making sure the flat stays on my skin, and I have to resist the urge to press very hard. However, I can use light pressure or no pressure and get a fantastic shave. It is a different experience from my far heavier razors. I like it!

I was surprised when I first used a Henson, as well. It is light, so I have to watch my angles, making sure the flat stays on my skin, and I have to resist the urge to press very hard. However, I can use light pressure What color did you get and did you get the standard (mild) or the medium?

Yeah, it takes a little getting used to. On one shave I pressed a bit too hard and got a small bit of razor burn, though no cuts. Even with the difference in technique, it's hard to get a bad shave with it. The most amazing thing is being able to go against the grain so easily on my sensitive neck, and to be able to make many more buffing passes on my problem jawline without irritation.

I got the standard aluminum color. I really wanted a blue one, but I had read that some folks noticed spots where the color had come off, so I decided against it. I had meant to order the medium, but accidentally ordered the mild. I tried to correct the order before it shipped, but they were too quick. I went ahead and tried it and it's great as is! I was worried the mild might not be efficient enough, but I've had no problems whatsoever with a three day beard, and a four day just takes some extra strokes, but still does just fine.

Thanks again for the recommendation!

Yeah, there's not a lot of difference between the medium and mild. I could live with the mild, no problem. The medium suits my beard slightly better but not enough that I would be unhappy about having a mild (which I also have).

I have a black mild and a blue medium. I have had no issues with the anodization. I'm sure Henson would make it right if anyone did have a problem. The anodization seems to be heavily done. It's nice.

Don't tempt me with another color choice! Hahaha! I foresee a silver one in my future.

You are welcome, BTW.

Top Bottom