What's new

New knot

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
If you look in the mirror, I think you found it!

Seriously, take the old knot out, measure the handle, order a knot and put some marine epoxy to fix the new knot and voilà. It should take you ~20 minutes and everything is done.

Thanks for that Luc, is it really that easy? When you say measure the handle, do you mean just depth of hole and internal diameter, or the whole thing so the proportions are right. Also, being a long lapsed returnee to wet shaving, I haven't a clue where to buy a new knot, and to ensure it was the grade, shape and quality I'm looking for, which is the equivalent of Simpson Best Badger. Many thanks. Chris

The mirror is excellent advice.

Read a bit here and you will find many posts about restoration.

Golden Nib is the source to use for an excellent knot. As far as I know Tony ships internationally without any issues.

Thanks for that Luc, is it really that easy? When you say measure the handle, do you mean just depth of hole and internal diameter, or the whole thing so the proportions are right. Also, being a long lapsed returnee to wet shaving, I haven't a clue where to buy a new knot, and to ensure it was the grade, shape and quality I'm looking for, which is the equivalent of Simpson Best Badger. Many thanks. Chris

As for what to measure, it is the interior diameter of the hole. The depth wouldn't hurt as it will help you pick a knot for the loft you want. You can usually make the hole deeper and a bit wider (depending on the handle) to accommodate what you want.

I have no experience with Simpson knots so can't comment there, but the TGN super badger is very nice, as is the super and best knots from Larry at whipped dog. I haven't tried the silvertip I got from him.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member

It's very easy and it requires a minimum of tools.

Have a look at the threads...

Here's the thread that I did: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=155229

Top Bottom