What's new

New HAWK razor on sale.

RazoRock has version 2 of their Hawk razor on sale for just $24.99. It's made from 6061 billet & rod aluminum. It's in cool electric blue.
I don't need another razor but I couldn't pass this one up. Just ordered one. I can't wait to take it for a spin. Here is a picture of it. I love the handle.
Hawk.jpg
Hawk2.jpg

Last edited:
If that shaves any different to the V1 then I think I might be able to justify buying it. In fact, just going by appearance, I might be able to justify the purchase anyways. If it comes down to a choice between this Hawk and the latest General, the former has one definite advantage.

I don't think you can buy a razor that takes the artist club blades for less money. From all the reviews I saw on the first Hawk it shaves really nice.
For those that might not know, you can buy it at the Italian Barber site.

Last edited:
Love the green one but they're sold out, tried to contact them but their contact form didn't seem to work.

I have the Green one and it's okay, nothing special. Compared to the ATT SE1, it falls short on efficiency stroke for stroke. But it will get the job done, eventually... :lol:

My take as a relative newbie to traditional wet-shaving and an occasional user of my Hawk V2: it is excellent. I use it for travel and days when I don't have time for the Feather AC SS. I imagine other razors outperform it, but for an affordable razor that uses the same blades as my Feather, I have no wish to upgrade from it. I may add to my collection, but it will have a place in my rotation, and it would take a lot to displace it. It's smooth, close and forgiving. I would add that I found it became significantly more aggressive, and efficient, when used with Pro or Pro Super blades.

At $24.99 it's an absolute steal.

Luke

Every razor is perceived by the user differently than someone else will perceive it. I had the Hawk version 1 and I though it was great razor that gave a close and comfortable shave. To say that one razor is better than another is purely a matter of opinion. It is my opinion that the Hawk is a nice razor at a nice price.

That's likely true, though it's new to me. :)

IB is sold out on the green as well.
Yeah it's new to me as well. I'm sure many others have not seen it yet either. For the price everyone needs to see it.
There are posts in the Shave of the Day going back to Sept 2018 that have the V2 listed so it has been out over a year now... I was just letting you know because you had listed the post as "New Hawk for sale" which its not!!

Nice razor for the money. How can you beat a quality razor for just $24.99. It takes the sharpest blades in the world.

I actually had a V1 back when they 1st came out. It lasted all of about 3 shaves here, all horrible shaves!! Received it the same day along with an Aluminum General from Colonial. The General stayed with me until the Stainless version came out and then it moved on to someone that would get some use of it. I found the ease of shave wasn't even close between the Hawk V1 and the Aluminum General. Finding the angle on the General was quick and easy, can't say that of the Hawk V1 though.

I know the reviews of the V2 have been favorable as compared to the V1 and at $30 its quite a deal but IMO, they're time and money would've been better spent on the Stainless version but for some reason they just aren't interested in what the market has been asking for. The Stainless version would outsell the Aluminum probably 10-1 but in typical IB fashion, they just don't care!!

I kind of like aluminum razors. They are very nimble to maneuver and for shaving purposes just a good as stainless steel. I thought my V1 shaved just as good as my aluminum General. At twice the price they would still be a good deal.

It lasted all of about 3 shaves here, all horrible shaves!!

My experience was the same as yours with the V1, I got the aluminum General days later and it was much better.

The only difference between the V1 and V2, for me, is the Schick Proline blade. I never tried the Proline in the V1, I didn't know about them at the time.

The V2 is just okay with a Proline. I wouldn't be upset if I lost it on vacation. I'm sure the V1 would have been the same as the V2 with a Proline.

Top Bottom