What's new

New Gold Dollar razor

Have any of you gentleman seen or got your hands on one of these. A member of a shave group had one. I hadn't seen these before. Has me thinking of finally trying a gold dollar.
IMG_0314.PNG

Looks like they are getting ready for next years GD Mod Competition. Did a search and found a whole line of razors like that coming from GD. If we get 500 folks together, we could do a group order for a B&B stenciled version.

Looks like they ripped off Cedric Christ T-rex model... hate to see that.

I know PRC was contact by them wanting to know if PRC wanted them to produce the PRC razor...Already had a site set up with pics stolen form PRC's website.

I know there are a ton of GD fans on B&B.. I'm not one of them

I got 2. Honed it up.no problem. Came with an edge on it but I didn't try it. Nice razor imo. We did a group buy and got them for 9 bucks. The scales are thick ebony wood.

As long as they don't start ripping off Vorpal designs, I'm still GD's huckleberry.:001_cool:

I'll stick to modding 66 versions

They are on amazon for $30 I believe plus $5 shipping. They sold out apparently rather quickly. Does anyone have a link to another 7/8 hollow ground brand new with ebony scales for price comparison? LOL. Its made well for $30 IMO anyway. Mine shaves as well as the edge I put on it! LOL. Like everything else. I think they will sell a load of them. Lots of new guys dont have the gd bias that was so prolific in recent years.

I don't think it a bias.. I just think it's a fact they are just not well made. Have you broke a few open and compared it to vintage or other modern razors?
They are designed for shaving. So testing them for what they are designed to do I have not found other razors to perform better or last longer between hones. I own 8 or so other razors for every gd I have. Frills and fit and finish? Sure. But performance as a shaver? I haven't seen it.

Top Bottom