What's new

New from GA

First post here, and really looking forward to engaging. I've recently made the transition over and have been reading and researching all the great info on this site. Thanks for all the insight and help that is so freely offered! Glad to be here!

-Boomer

First post here, and really looking forward to engaging. I've recently made the transition over and have been reading and researching all the great info on this site. Thanks for all the insight and help that is so freely offered! Glad to be here!

-Boomer
Welcome to B&B Boomer34.
Enjoy your stay and ask all the questions you want. Information is given freely.
Are you a DE shaver or use some other blade for removing whiskers?

Advice for new to wet shave:
Been shaving 60+ years, returned to wet shave with double edge about ten years ago.
So, use one setup: brush, soap, razor, blade, aftershave for at least 30 shaves, so that you can focus on technique. Then you can venture in to the wide world of blades, soaps, creams, different razors, aftershaves(even preshaves). For that first month or so, play safe with one of the well regarded popular combos such as proraso, Gillette Nacet or ASTRA platinum, and a basic synthetic brush. Take you time, enjoy.

Oh, should note my current selection is Gillette slim adjustable, Stirling soap Barbershop (and aftershave), Kai razor blade, Simpson synthetic brush. The KAI blade from Japan is similar to Feather, might be too aggressive for newbies, so go with Nacet, or ASTRA. Hope this is helpful.

Top Bottom