What's new

new cella soaps

kinda expensive if you ask me. Tallow free for those that may wanna know. Anyone gonna bite the bullet and buy one?

looks like it comes in aluminum. would have preferred plastic to be honest. I'll probably pass on this soap. I got so many soaps. Would be curious to read some reviews on it when made available.

@jonwilson , Agree this is pricey. Top 8 ingredients are almost identical to what we find in the base of soft Italian shaving soaps, including Cella Bio, that cost a small fraction of the $37 U.S. these are listed for.

From the web copy they appear to be emphasizing the scent characteristics. Anyone buying this will need to decide if the scents of these cremes are worth what is approaching the price of some super premium products. On Connaught Shaving SV is roughly the same price starting at 26.25 British pounds.

Like you I've too much soap already. Sated my curiosity regarding soft Italian soaps with my recent Italian Barber sale purchase of Classic Italian, XXX and Mudder Focker.

Ingredients comparison:

Cella Milano Cremae Sapone Fresh Reserve Ingredients:
Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aqua, Potassium Hydroxide, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Parfum, Panthenol, Menthol, Amylcinamyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Hexylcinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

Cella Bio Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Leaf/stem Extract, Bisabolol, Parfum (Fragrance).

Razorock Classic Italian Soft Shaving Soap Ingredients:Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water/Eau), Cocos Nucifera(Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrogenated Lanolin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea)Butter, Fragrance(Parfum), Argania Spinosa (Argan)Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Extract(Aloe).

I really like the cella bio soap and it is not expensive. I also like the almond one although being tallow based I prefer other vegan soaps like 3P.

These new scents do not particularly interest me and moreover I think they are too expensive.

Now if it can make some people happy it is nice to see cella offering more products.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I think they're looking to shift to a new and different market.
Lots of info in this thread below:

1714919144087.png

I'm on the 2024 shave sabbatical, but will likely try the Riserva Fresca at the end of the year - Cella makes a fantastic product and I'm sure these are on the same level or better

I think they're looking to shift to a new and different market.
Lots of info in this thread below:

View attachment 1841125
It seems to me a good strategy to grab and intercept new customers are expanding their fragrances by pushing toward those users who don't like classic almond or aloe vera.
It is no coincidence that they chose the sandalwood frgrance, which is popular with shaving enthusiasts.

You may notice that the new Soap Fresh Reserve soap seems to me to have very common olfactory notes with Nuavia Black, this one I will try.

Well, I'll certainly give it a go if maggards or TRC offers samples. $3.7 dollars an oz is pretty steep for what looks like a slightly modified basic recipe, but there's only one way to find out.

Tcheon Fung Sing should be very similar stuff to Cella. And it's cheap, about 2-3 euros on connaughtshaving.
I've used the TFS stuff before when it was sold as Figaro Red. It's ok, but it's definitely not Cella. Plus whatever they use for almond scent irritates my skin (not as bad as P160, but Cella brick gives me no irritation).

Between the Bio cream and now these, I wonder if it's only a matter of time before the "classic" Cella gets discontinued or reformulated.

Both of them sold out on Maggards site; don't some of you contributed. Please review.
I'm going to email maggards and ask them about offering samples.

EDIT: Brad responded very quickly...

"If we can get a reliable supply... Right now my sources have scraps... I'm sure cella will up production. Might be a while before samples happen though". -Brad

Last edited:
Hi gang, just joined the forum. I'm either one of the lucky or foolish folks who bought the new cella sandalo soaps (just received today.) I'll provide a first-look style review hopefully by tomorrow after I shave with it.
Looking forward to it. Have you used regular Cella? What about modern artisans or are you brand new to the hobby?

Top Bottom