What's new

New boots time

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I've been eyeing up a pair of Mckinlays - Beaumont Cabana for a while but the tractor sole was not doing it for me.
I contacted them today about making a pair with a different sole. For a extra $80 they were happy to do it.

Not a cheap change by any means but I'll be wearing them for some years to come and I'll soon forget the extra price paid. So have ordered them.

This is the boot with the tractor sole as they make it. The sole is not too bad but I want something less chunky.
Too me they look a bit sole heavy.
Hope to have them in 2 to 3 weeks.

Capture.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

I've gone with the same sole on a different pair they made for me.
Excuse the dirty boots.
Hey they even made a couple of little kiwi patterns in the tread.

IMG20210308162830.jpg

IMG20210308162855.jpg

IMG20210308162910.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If you don't need the tractor treads then $80 is cheap. I think those will wear fine and feel better out of the box, ha, whatever that's worth!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
If you don't need the tractor treads then $80 is cheap. I think those will wear fine and feel better out of the box, ha, whatever that's worth!

I find the sole I'm going too very comfortable and flexible.
It looks like they paint the side of the leather black to match the rubber sole but did not do that on the bottom boot. I like them either way.

The photo on their site shows the new sole better.

Capture.JPG

FarmerTan

Very nice indeed. Update us when they arrive. And congrats. Checking out the site great stuff. I like their belt too.
Dude. So far I have avoided going there! You ain't helping, as I also have a belt problem...

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
New Zealand make good boots. When my BIL left the Railways here many years ago he gave me a few pairs of lace up boots made by John Bull. I am not a fan of lace up work boots but these were the bees knees. I wore them out and then more. I went to buy some more and found out how much they cost. Great work boots though. These look great Chris. Looking forward to your thoughts when they turn up.

FarmerTan

Totally unexpected. I bought a pair of made to order some years ago from them that had a 4 week led time, they made them in less than two weeks.
Under promise and over deliver at its best. :thumbup1:
It's a great way to do business. Too bad so many businesses don't practice it. But the market (free market that is!) will teach those companies that lesson.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The boots have arrived. I think the sole looks good on them.
I'll wear them tomorrow for to see how they feel.

IMG20210312153036.jpg

IMG20210312153043.jpg

IMG20210312153052.jpg

I've not used this brand before so got some to match the colour of my new boots, Dasco shoe cream.
Anyone here use it?

IMG20210312153135.jpg

FarmerTan

Beautiful boots! I'm glad you like the polish, I'm a Kiwi man myself, but only because it's all I've ever run into! Congrats on the purchase my friend!

Top Bottom