What's new

New Body Shop Maca Root + Aloe

I think you guys are looking at this whole aloe thing completely wrong. The original formula has gel in it. Gel has a high concentration of water. One tsp of dehydrated aloe juice is going to have more "aloe" in it than 1 tsp of gel. So they likely have the same amount of "aloe" in the product

Agreed. It's also my understanding that much higher concentrations of Aloe can be provided in powder format. IMO, the new formula is likely to have even more Aloe in it. Hence why they've re-branded it to "Maca Root + Aloe".

I've only tried the previous "Maca Root" version. A good cream, but personally, I think this cream is sometimes just a little too over-hyped. Yes, it's very slick - but slickness alone doesn't make a great cream. Pretty good post-shave too. However, I've found this cream is just a little on the "thin" side. The lack of "creaminess" is too obvious, particularly with the second or third pass (I've tried different types of brushes & used a generous amount of cream as well).

I'm guessing since the Aloe Gel in the previous version is so high on the ingredients list, it might possibly affect the quality of the lather, leading to a thinner lather (IMO, less protective as a result). With the new version using "Aloe Powder", I'd be curious to know whether some of you have possibly experienced a more creamier (cushiony) lather? Hopefully an improvement.

Top Bottom