What's new

Never seen anything like this before

Went to an estate sale and it seemed like the usual old stuff, but I saw this on the back porch:

20200614_140147.jpg

That's over 20 of the large cans of ground coffee never opened. It was Sunday, so probably a couple of bucks a can. Sort of surprising that they were all there.

-jim

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Very scary. They must have drunk a lot of coffee each day. I don’t think the shelf life is all that long.

I would skip buying these irrespective of price. But if you try them, would be interested in your opinion. I now tend to use Italian Expresso machine....

There is nothing wrong with stale coffee, dolled up with cream and........

proxy.php

Been there done that and enjoyed it late at night

like @Alacrity59 said, coffee is a great deodorizer. I've friend who rents apartments and uses a lot of coffee before new tenants arrive to clear out the old tenant smell.

+2 restaurant owners... Yet if you look, there are green price tags, indicating retail not industrial purchase. Hm.
AA

Those tags are the estate sale tags. I didn't bother to look for retail tags or best by dates - I wish I had done that. There was also a room full of clothes, many of them still in plastic. Even the new stuff in this house was fairly old. There was nothing there to consider anything other then a oddly bent hoarder.

Like Mick said, vacuum packed ground coffee probably still tastes like mass produced ground coffee for many years still in the can. But I have maybe 20 - 30 lbs of my own coffee sitting at home. All green beans, but not much different to many folks.

Too late to do anything about them now - the clean out guys are probably wired though!

:)

-jim

Top Bottom