What's new

Need some help...

Okay, I got my Moss Scuttle in yesterday and had a few extra minutes this am so I figured I would try and get a BBS shave...

First I filled my Scuttle with hot water, soaked my brush and took a hot shower..

Here is the gear I used.
- Classic Shaving mug soap
-Gillette Fat boy on "5"
-Green 7 O'clock blade on second shave
-followed by Royal Lyme all purpose lotion

Method used... all with no pressure only the weight of the razor.
1st pass with the grain
2nd pass with the grain
3rd pass across the grain
4th pass against the grain
5th pass J hooks
6th pass buffing

This really didn't take all that long maybe 5-10 minutes total shaving time and I also shaved my head. While this shave is a DFS, and is actually BBS on my cheeks and some of my neck I still have some stubble feel on some of my jaw line and upper neck. These are my trouble spots and areas that I really worked on...

Is there anything I can do to make getting these tough spots easier? Any techniques I'm not using?

Also I really like the scuttle! It was nice having warm lather during the entire shave!!

THANKS!

Tom

Stretch your skin. That helps to flatten and expose those elusive spots.

In my case, some time with the razor and shaving (a few months) has helped me to map my face and remember where I need to pay extra attention.

Gillette Slide:

attachment.php

You are using more techniques than most. The only thing you may want to try is to eliminate one WTG pass and do an extra XTG pass in the opposite direction.

+1 for skin stretching. For me, to get those areas under the jawline, I have to stretch that skin up to, or above the jawline, then shave it there. It usually just takes a swipe or two doing that, and it's as smooth as my cheeks. On the neck, not sure.. might just try mapping it out a bit better so you can figure out how to go ATG there.

Top Bottom