What's new

Nearly 5 months on with the 39c Sledgehammer

A warm greetings to all on this forum.

As most of you know, I only have one safety razor; the Merkur 39c Sledgehammer which I am truly happy with.

I've had this razor for nearly 5 months on and I have always been impressed with its shaving quality. Yes I know some blades perform better in it than others but that is part of the fun; trying out different blades in it!

Why does shaving with a safety razor have to be so much fun? I've never had this level of enjoyment from any other razor I have had. I've tried various razors over the years (electric, disposable, cartridge) but NONE of them provides the same satisfaction I get from my Sledgehammer. You will have to prise it out of my cold dead hands.

Happy shaves all!

Jason.

Wait ! What?
5 months of having fun with just one razor !

Seriously- the sledgehammer is one solid tool. Everything around it is spectacular. Glad you enjoy it - that's nudging me to take mine out for a spin.

Once wet shaving with a setup you've dialed in, it's difficult to go back to how 99% of the world shaves.

Great that you are getting along so well with the Sledgehammer.

I think wet shaving provides joy and fun overall, even if it's one razor. The process of lathering and shaving. The (for me) better results of a smooth face with no irritation. Also, I think wetshaving is a skill you can enjoy as you develop. I'm 6 or 7 years in, and continue to learn and enjoy aiming for the perfect shave in three passes.

Seriously- the sledgehammer is one solid tool. Everything around it is spectacular. Glad you enjoy it - that's nudging me to take mine out for a spin.
I love the Sledgehammer very much. Love the barbershop quality shave it provides. Can't wait to use it with the Nacet blade again. As much as I like the Nacet blade I would still like to try other blades for reviewing purposes.

Jason.

Top Bottom