What's new

Near End of the Puck

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm at the point in my MdC jar where there is just a bit of soap left in the "corner" (if you will allow me to refer to the edge of a round jar as a corner). But this is MdC, so there is probably 3 weeks of shaves still in there.

I've been loading it by swirling away with my brush, and no idea of how long to load or when my arm will fall off. The new jar is loaded to the top - no room for any extra. I suppose I could put it aside until that operation was a possibility. I can cut off a chunk and use it in my scuttle, but the chunk never seems to be the right size (although if I do it a few times I will get closer).

First world problems. What do you do when you've only got a little soap left in the tub?

Use it up! I've never used jar soap, but I do brush a puck in my shaving bowl (one bowl operation... no scuttle or anything).

If I like the soap I just use it till it's gone. Then get another puck.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
"Penalty on the offense, 15 yards, everyone knows there is NO corner in a circle @musicman1951 , unnecessary confusion in a shaving forum, repeat first down!"
I did ask permission for the slightly pliant use of the term. This penalty strikes me as dancing outside the lines of B&B generous spirit, but I do beg your forgiveness - on my knees, with tears streaming down my face.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I did ask permission for the slightly pliant use of the term. This penalty strikes me as dancing outside the lines of B&B generous spirit, but I do beg your forgiveness - on my knees, with tears streaming down my face.
"On further review, the official is a Moron, offense will disregard the flag, return the ball to the original hash mark, and repeat first down!"

I'm at the point in my MdC jar where there is just a bit of soap left in the "corner" (if you will allow me to refer to the edge of a round jar as a corner). But this is MdC, so there is probably 3 weeks of shaves still in there.

I've been loading it by swirling away with my brush, and no idea of how long to load or when my arm will fall off. The new jar is loaded to the top - no room for any extra. I suppose I could put it aside until that operation was a possibility. I can cut off a chunk and use it in my scuttle, but the chunk never seems to be the right size (although if I do it a few times I will get closer).

First world problems. What do you do when you've only got a little soap left in the tub?

Only solution, re-order! MdC is such a great classic shave experience!

martin de candre bowls.jpg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
"On further review, the official is a Moron, offense will disregard the flag, return the ball to the original hash mark, and repeat first down!"
Technically you are correct, there are no corners because that part of a cylinder is the inside edge. However in my experience using MdC it is obvious that a jar is more like Dr Who's time machine, the TARDIS which is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. It is the only way to explain it but there is more soap in a jar of MdC than there is space in the jar.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Technically you are correct, there are no corners because that part of a cylinder is the inside edge. However in my experience using MdC it is obvious that a jar is more like Dr Who's time machine, the TARDIS which is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. It is the only way to explain it but there is more soap in a jar of MdC than there is space in the jar.
This is definitely true of an Arko stick!

I once had a stick of Arko GROW BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL SIZE, OVERNIGHT!

Started out as half a stick. I came back the next morning and I found a whole stick in it's place! Even the wrapper, with the incredibly handsome Arkoman on it, was intact.
TRUE STORY DOGGONE!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Only solution, re-order! MdC is such a great classic shave experience!

View attachment 1554669
I already have one - I always buy them in pairs to make the shipping cheaper. I finally decided to follow NorthernSoul's advice and scrape it into another soap - Haslinger in this case. There wasn't much left and it was taking forever to load, but it made for an interesting frankensoap yesterday.

I always scrape out difficult-to-lather remnants and press them into the container of the next soap in the rotation. Might be a heretical practice in these precincts, but that's just the way I am. Does make for some interesting combinations.

I always scrape out difficult-to-lather remnants and press them into the container of the next soap in the rotation. Might be a heretical practice in these precincts, but that's just the way I am. Does make for some interesting combinations.

Nope. Smart. Unless, of course, it‘s a soap that you hate.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs

Nope. Smart. Unless, of course, it‘s a soap that you hate.

I would rather add leftover bits of other soap to soaps that I hate, rather than contaminate a soap where i love the scent and the performance. At least those hated soaps have a chance to morph into something better than they were. I have been known to chop and grate unwanted soaps into a big bowl and make frankensoaps. I have had some great results where the end product is much better than the sum of the parts. But I dont judge. Everyone is free to do whever they want with their last little bits of soap. :)

edit: thinking about it, adding the leftover bits to a new tub of the same exact soap is cool though.

Top Bottom