What's new

Nandita Musk and Sandal

I had been reading up on sandalwood colognes and saw a bunch of references to Nandita Sandal. So I decided to pick some up. I found it at Tom's Incense on Amazon for $6 plus $2 for shipping. They also had Nandita Musk for $6 and it only added $0.50 extra for shipping.

I like both of the scents. The musk seems exotic, sweet and spicy with maybe a hint of vanilla. The sandal seems like a fairly 'pure' sandalwood scent without other adulterating scents. I'm not sure how to describe scents very well. I'm new to the entire world of colognes. But I can say that I'm very please with these two. For the money I don't think you can go wrong. I'm not sure if it helps but the other colognes I like are Tabac, Trumpers Eucris and Curzon.

These bottles ship with a plug in the bottle. They come with your choice of two dispenser tops: a roll-on or a spout that gives up tiny drops when tapped on the skin.

I really like the Nandita Sandal, although I ran out quite a while ago and need to buy some more. Sounds like when I re-order I should get some Musk, too. And, I am thinking, the patchouli, as patchouli seems to be a new obsession of mine. What I remember liking to do with the Sandal was wearing a bit under other scents that I thought lacked tenacity, or a good woody base. I am trying to recall the specific scents, but I am guessing even something like Florida Water or some of the Pinaud's which are quite transient. Anything with big citrus in the top, that does not seem to hand in there.

Anyway, at this point I can be pretty confident that Nandita is not loaded with real Mysore sandalwood. But, then, I am told, neither is SL Santal de Mysore! Other sandalwood is not so scare!

Nandita smells synthetic for about 20 minutes and transforms to a creamy, dry, woody sandal that's quite delicious. And best of all, it's not cloying. I've never tried the musk. Is it masculine?

Yup, the Sandal is almost scarily similar to real sandalwood EO once it dries down. To me, it's the absolute best bang-for-the-buck sandalwood scent out there if you're looking for sandalwood and only sandalwood.

I've been meaning to try out their other oils and this thread reminds me. I'll report back after I've given them a sniff or two.

Top Bottom