What's new

Naming our new canoe, need help picking

So i've decided i want to "name" our new canoe and figure the kids will get a kick out of it as well, we'd probably even get some generic or fancy script letters to stick on the bow of it.

it's 16' Lil Missourian by Osagian, aluminum (natural finish) and brand spanking new.

i was thinking "Rushmore" or "The Wanderer" after a couple of my favorite movies "Rushmore" by wes anderson and the cult classic "The Wanderers".

any preference between the 2 or positive or negative feedback with these names. i was all ready to pick "Rushmore" , when i started thinking of my other favorite movies that could be turned into canoe names and thought "The Wanderer" would be a fitting name for a canoe as well for when we are wandering around the lake.

Help me pick :w00t:

**update** OOPS, maybe not The Wanderer as The Wanderer is the last documented ship to bring a cargo of slaves from Africa to the United States

so if you have any other suggestions, let me know....otherwise it looks like an easy choice "Rushmore", "The Rushmore", "USS Rushmore" (which would make it easy to get decals) or even "HMCS Rushmore" as i was in the Canadian Naval Reserves

please state significance or reasoning behind name (if there is one)

Last edited:
wow, 3 more choices already....thanks guys.

if you can, are you able to tell me the reasonings or meanings behind your suggestions?

Tippe. As in Tippecanoe and Tyler too.
We have one called "The Battleship" because it's unsinkable and just about as big.

Oh God! I am dying laughing! I love the Marie Antoinette and and Deliverance suggestions.

On a serious note, I have a cedar strip canoe I named "Maya". If you look at the Solo Trip to the Boundary Waters thread you can see a picture of her.

Top Bottom