What's new

Myrsol Lovers

K and C formulas are fantastic! (Granted they’re the only Myrsol AS I’ve tried so far)

Both are mentholated, not too much, but to a nice cooling effect. C is a sweet, almost candy-like violet/melonish scent. K is a very nice (my favorite of the two) peppermint scent, refreshing and invigorating!

In addition to K and C, I like the following types as well.

Myrsol Agua Balsamica - Lavender, Rosemary and Thyme - very strong herbal on application but mellows out very nice on drydown. Pairs nicely with MdC or lavender soaps.

Myrsol Antesol - Very good smell, I have seen it described as a barbershop type scent. I am not able to narrow the scents on this one, but I like it.

Myrsol F-extra - another barbershop scent but this one is a musk centric selection with menthol.

Myrsol Agua di Limon - Lemon and menthol based - very cooling.

I have most of them and the only one I don't like at all is Metilsol (total medicinal overload for me).

My fave is Antesol. To my nose, it’s not “barbershop” (meaning powdery) but it’s a scent that you’d expect to smell in a barbershop. A little orange, with a slight antiseptic smell. Trust me it smells better than I’m able to describe it.

Also like Agua Balsamica and Lemon.

Lemon is my favorite. It vanishes really fast but has a nice menthol feel and cooling. Agua Balsamica is very nice as mentioned. Metilsol is a great one too. It smells pretty similar to Agua Balsamica but also has alum and a light dose of menthol in it that makes your face feel great.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have Antesoli wouldn't call it barbershop at all. Its pleasant very slightly floral Medicinal great face feel
I recently smell tested the line in Pasteur s and didn't buy. Lemon hit me like pledge.

I find a lot of Spanish aftershaves - most Myrsols included - quite sweet smelling. Think Floid Vigoroso also.

But I really like the Blu, still somewhat sweeter perfumey scent han other blue splashes (like Ice Blue AV) but quite unique. And the postshave feel is awesome. Use it every week.

Myrsol F-extra: This is my favourite of the Myrsol line up. It is another classic barbershop scent with menthol.
Myrsol Blue: A nice scent, but does not last very long.

Myrsol Agua Balsamica: I like this when I do shave at night, or when I need a healing aftershave (I do not like the feel of balms). It has Rosemary and Thyme - very strong herbal on application but mellows out very nice on drydown.

Love my Myrsol aftershaves!

trumpers spanish leather kent myrsol f schulze sunday april 30 2017.jpg

Have 4 bottles myself. Agua Balsamica and Blue are my favorites. I haven't noticed much of a performance difference between any of them, but I haven't tried Antesol yet.

AB is a unique scent that I like very much - very herbal, though maybe not for everyone - in the same family of scent as Speick

Blue is wonderful - you can't put too much on, it's a great scent, light on the powder. People always dump on it because the scent doesn't last very long, but I consider that a benefit, not a detriment.

F/Extra is nice if you like strong musky, powdery scents like Floid. It's the strongest, longest lasting Myrsol scent that I've tried.

K rounds out the bottom of my list. Pure, single note peppermint, not cloying. Nice, but kinda bland and just reminds me of a stick of gum in some ways.

Have 4 bottles myself. Agua Balsamica and Blue are my favorites. I haven't noticed much of a performance difference between any of them, but I haven't tried Antesol yet.

AB is a unique scent that I like very much - very herbal, though maybe not for everyone - in the same family of scent as Speick

Blue is wonderful - you can't put too much on, it's a great scent, light on the powder. People always dump on it because the scent doesn't last very long, but I consider that a benefit, not a detriment.

F/Extra is nice if you like strong musky, powdery scents like Floid. It's the strongest, longest lasting Myrsol scent that I've tried.

K rounds out the bottom of my list. Pure, single note peppermint, not cloying. Nice, but kinda bland and just reminds me of a stick of gum in some ways.

Great descriptions! I especially appreciate the comparisons to Speick and Floid (two of my favorites)!

Really like K a lot, love the bottle, price is on par with a lot of artisan stuff but seems so much more refined. Genuinely feels like a quality product. The skin-feel is nice, bracing sensation is on-point, peppermint essence is soothing/calming on the skin and to the mind as well. The fragrance fades and does not interfere with an EDC or EDT, which is what I am looking for in an AS most of the time.

I’ve got five Myrsols, and enjoy them all (although I generally like aftershaves with more face food). Emulsion is a great pre-shave. F/Extra smells very similar to Suave or Vigoroso, but I like Vigoroso the best among those three. To my nose, Aqua Balsamica smells just like Spice Islands Italian Seasoning mix. The other two are less interesting. All have very fleeting scents, to my nose.

I use lots of plastic. It does kind of smell plasticy. I like how my skin feels with it
I massage it into my skin instead of a swipe and then I use my AS that matches my soap with a swipe

I keep metisol on hand for when i have a bad shave

I recently purchased 5 samples from Maggard and after using them a couple of times, I already purchased 4 more samples so I could complete my evaluation. I really like the unique scents and better yet, the way the products make my skin feel. So far, I have tried C (smells sweet like candy), K (strong peppermint + menthol ice cold), Plastic (very unique smell that I didn't like at first, almost like Windex, but then I started to crave the smell as it mellowed...excellent skin feel) and Blue (starts strong, bright and clean and settles to a nice subtle power scent).

It is really hard to pick a favorite...they all smell so uniquely weird and I LOVE it. I am already planning an order from Gifts & Care so I can stock up on the big bottles!

NOTE: I have also been using the Emulsion as a PS and AS Balm and love the product so much I already ordered the full-size bottle from Maggard.

M

Member 113878

It is really hard to pick a favorite...they all smell so uniquely weird and I LOVE it. I am already planning an order from Gifts & Care so I can stock up on the big bottles
I don’t think you can order alcohol-based stuff from there, if you are in the US:
This product contains alcohol. It cannot be sent by air freight.
It is not possible to sell or send it to: United States of America, Canada, South America, Russia, Ukraine, Africa and Asia.

Top Bottom