What's new

My soap haul from Maggards

First time shopping with them. Outstanding selection of soaps at dollars cheaper than Amazon. I think I found my new place to shop! Anyhow, I got...

2 tubs of Soap Commander Vision
1 tub of TOBS Eton College
1 tub of Maggard Orange Menthol

These are all scents I've never tried before. After looking at the top 5 soap thread on here, I did some research via online reviews and youtube vids and came to these soaps. I'm looking forward to them all!

Good luck! I just pulled the trigger on 2 - 150ml tubs of Proraso Sandalwood from Jet for $9 delivered. Hope I like it otherwise there will be a PIF coming up. :001_smile

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with Maggard's! Nice haul there, I really like Soap Commander. Their ASBs are very nice too with a much stronger scent than the soaps.

I didn't have enough money to get some ASBs, maybe in the future I will. I wanted to get my soap collection going...tired of the same old same old. Which scent of Maggards and Soap Commander do you have CigarSmoka?​

@ mmaggi:
As to the Proraso red....it's my favorite soap that I've tried so far. I haven't tried any other sandalwood soaps/creams so I can't really compare it to anything else. In my opinion the scent is very nice...the only way I know how to describe it is a warm scent. It's not overpowering and it lingers a little after the shave. Not sure if you tried proraso, but it was my first major soap purchase. I got 2 each of the green and red. I like to use the green when it's warmer outside, and the red when it's colder. I hope you enjoy the soap! :thumbup1:

First time shopping with them. Outstanding selection of soaps at dollars cheaper than Amazon. I think I found my new place to shop! Anyhow, I got...

2 tubs of Soap Commander Vision
1 tub of TOBS Eton College
1 tub of Maggard Orange Menthol

These are all scents I've never tried before. After looking at the top 5 soap thread on here, I did some research via online reviews and youtube vids and came to these soaps. I'm looking forward to them all!

Maggard has great selection and awesome customer service. Eton College is one of my favorites. Currently enjoying the Maggard Limes and Bergamot. Might have to try the Orange Menthol. Sounds nice!

Cheers,
JW

They should be arriving tomorrow, and I'll probably wait to shave for 2-3 days. Skins irritated right now. I'll write up a review on my thoughts of the soaps after I've used them all

Thanks Razorburn. My stuff arrives next week. I have experience w/the green soap. I hope the performance isn't much different with the red.

It shouldn't be. I get the same consistent lather with both the green and red.You got a heck of a deal too for 2 tubs. That's what I payed for just 1!

My soaps from Maggard Razors arrived today. I haven't tested them out with lathering yet, but let me tell you they smell freakin amazing! I love the scent of the Soap Commander Vision.....such a clean crisp scent. The scent of the Maggard Orange Menthol is amazing too. I can tell that's gonna be a summer favorite. The TOBS Eton College has a mild citrusy scent to it....honestly not as strong as I had hoped, but maybe that'll change once I lather it up. I'll still write my impressions of these soaps after I've used them. Cheers

The TOBS Eton College has a mild citrusy scent to it....honestly not as strong as I had hoped, but maybe that'll change once I lather it up.

Eton opens up a bit once you lather it up. Have noticed however it doesn't seem to be as fragrant out of the tube vs tub.

It shouldn't be. I get the same consistent lather with both the green and red.You got a heck of a deal too for 2 tubs. That's what I payed for just 1!

My soaps from Maggard Razors arrived today. I haven't tested them out with lathering yet, but let me tell you they smell freakin amazing! I love the scent of the Soap Commander Vision.....such a clean crisp scent. The scent of the Maggard Orange Menthol is amazing too. I can tell that's gonna be a summer favorite. The TOBS Eton College has a mild citrusy scent to it....honestly not as strong as I had hoped, but maybe that'll change once I lather it up. I'll still write my impressions of these soaps after I've used them. Cheers

Maggards orange menthol smells really nice. One of the few straight orange scents that doesn't smell like candy. Reminds me more of orange juice. Menthol is fairly light too

SC is special stuff. Great performance and great scents.

I didn't have enough money to get some ASBs, maybe in the future I will. I wanted to get my soap collection going...tired of the same old same old. Which scent of Maggards and Soap Commander do you have CigarSmoka?​

Inspiration which is Japanese grapefruit, a hybrid of gf, mandarin & tangerine.

I'll have to try their ASBs. I was gonna get that Inspiration one, but read too many things about it being flowery. The only flowery scent I really care for is Lavender.

I tried a sample I got Dapper Dragon....Ice wrym I think it was called? That stuff freezes your face! I love it! huge fan of menthol shaving creams.

I just received my samples of maggards Orange chill & chiseled face cryogen. Can't wait to try 'em out soon.

Is the orange chill the same formula as their orange menthol? Let me know how you like those ones. I'm always on the lookout for a soap that can slap some ice cold on my face.

Yup. Really nice for travel. I bought at the St. James store but I think it is probably available from many TOBS retailers.

cheers,
JW

Nice. I'll checkout some places like Maggard and Amazon next time im buying soap....which probably won't be before too long. :thumbup:

cheers

I'll have to try their ASBs. I was gonna get that Inspiration one, but read too many things about it being flowery. The only flowery scent I really care for is Lavender.

I don't find inspiration floral at all. Like you, I don't like most floral scents and I love inspiration. It's a complex citrus, in that it's a mix of things.

Top Bottom