What's new

My order from goulet's

My order came in today. I have to say Goulet's has some great customer service. I ordered late Friday evening and it was wrapped up and shipped first thing Monday. I received it today.

This is my first dive into the fountain pen world and I would like to share some of my thoughts i've had since opening up pandoras box.
  1. I already have a cheapo shaeffer FP with a fine italic nib. But from Goulet's I ordered a Lamy Safari with fine steel nib. After writing with it some, I think I will order 1.1mm italic nib to go with it. However, I still like the Lamy alot compared to the sheaffer.
  2. I love noodlers Liberty's Elysium and also HOD.
  3. The Heart of darkness came with a free preppy eyedropper pen. I like the pen but I had a pretty messy start with it today. Since i've been toying with the sheaffer pen, I'm used to unscrewing the top. Today I was comparing all of my pens on a piece of paper. Since I unscrew the top on the sheaffer, I was in unscrew mode and unscrewed my preppy eyedropper. Heart of darkness went everwhere and made a nice mess.
  4. I ordered a clairefontaine and a rhodia notebook for class. I like the way the paper feels, but I have a few complaints. I wish the clairefontaine paper had perforated edges, but other than that, its a good notebook. Now, the rhodia paper feels nice to, however, I really dislike the lines on the paper. the lines don't go all the way to the edge, instead the lines are in a box with wasted space around them. I wish it would have just been what comes on standard lined paper. Rhodia has perforated edges, I wish I could combine the two styles together to make a super notebook.
  5. All together it has been a good experience, and I think I will continue using them. I just need to tweak a few things to find my groove.

Thanks everyone who helped me decide on what to get.

Great order.
Goulet's customer service is second to none and the reason I continue to order from them, that and I can't get rid of the AD :biggrin1:

You will enjoy the 1.1 italic for the Lamy! They are a great nib.

It happens to the best of us. I posted a thread a few months ago about wanting to find a nice grey ink and someone responded that Goulet had ink sample sets organized by color. I had never noticed that before and I thought i had seen every page on their website!

That's exactly what I needed. How did I not see that at first?

The Goulets are great. Absolutely top notch customer service and lightning quick shipping.

I placed my first order in about 8 months this afternoon, also in anticipation of class beginning again. At first, I was going to just get some of the Rhodia notebooks that I like. Then I remembered that Noodler's has highlighter inks, so I threw one of those into the cart. Then I needed some replacement tips for the highlighter to keep me through the semester. Then I saw that if I only added ~$50 more to the cart that I could get free shipping, so I picked up a TWSBI that I really don't need. :huh: Such is life.

Then I saw that if I only added ~$50 more to the cart that I could get free shipping, so I picked up a TWSBI that I really don't need. :huh: Such is life.

Free shipping gets me every time. whether it be Goulet's or west coast shaving. I'm a sucker

Free shipping gets me every time. whether it be Goulet's or west coast shaving. I'm a sucker

I tend to 'fall' for free shipping as well. It gives me that little excuse that I needed to justify some purchase. I have been thinking about a TWSBI for a while now, even though I have more than enough pens already. That number of pens has kept me away from the TWSBI up to this point, but free shipping pushed me over the edge (even though shipping was only $6.)

I think the lines not going to the edge is a European style. I saw a post (on FPN, I believe) how writers in ancient times used formulas to determine the top, bottom, and side margins relative to page size. I kinda like it because it makes for a clean look. On the other hand, it makes us buy a new notebook more often, unless we just ignore them and write to the edge!

I think the lines not going to the edge is a European style. I saw a post (on FPN, I believe) how writers in ancient times used formulas to determine the top, bottom, and side margins relative to page size. I kinda like it because it makes for a clean look. On the other hand, it makes us buy a new notebook more often, unless we just ignore them and write to the edge!

I believe it is called French Ruled, but may be mistaken.

Top Bottom