What's new

My new aftershave blend - out for testing.

I threw together a small 50/50 mix of Ivy Club Classic Splash and Barbasol Brisk. The color looks almost the same as your samples, a very light green. I shall try this the next time I shave, to at least get an idea of what you all are experiencing, though I know the Ivy Club isn't as strong as the original Brut.

And the Brisk is stronger smelling than SB. One reason I don't like it. So your proportions will be skewed towards the SB notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the Brisk is stronger smelling than SB. One reason I don't like it. So your proportions will be skewed towards the SB notes.

I've never compared Brisk (or the Flag & Sail version from years ago) side by side with SB. I figured it was redundant to have both. Once this Brisk is near the end I'll pick up SB to compare..

I find Brisk to be overpowering on some note. It really doesn't like my nose. I think SB is more balanced and pleasing.

I like the combo, I may need to adjust the ratio a little. I already added a little more of the Ivy Club Classic (Brut), but overall it just doesn't seem to blend well for me, no matter how much I shake it. It's a schizophrenic scent, sometimes I get the SB/Brisk side, sometimes I get the Brut side. My nose can't make out the mesh of the two. I do like it though..

Maybe it's something to do with the frags that Ivy Club and Barbasol uses that they don't blend as well as the Brut and Skin Bracer? I've used them all individually, and much prefer the originals. And they are so cheap anyway, that I don't mess with the knock offs.

Maybe it's something to do with the frags that Ivy Club and Barbasol uses that they don't blend as well as the Brut and Skin Bracer? I've used them all individually, and much prefer the originals. And they are so cheap anyway, that I don't mess with the knock offs.

That's totally what I'm thinking. Nothing lost in trying though.

I had totally missed this thread until this morning. It's funny, some time ago I got a bottle of the now discontinued Master Focus. My first thought was, "Wow. This smells like a combination of Skin Bracer and Brut!" I thought about mixing the two together but just never did. After seeing this thread while having my morning coffee I decided to give it a try. I have always felt that Mennen Speed Stick Deodorant went well with Skin Bracer, so I used that followed by a shot from my can of Brut Deodorant as well. Then, I mixed a handful of Brut After Shave and Skin Bracer and splashed it on. I liked it! After lunch at work today, I got a compliment from my (unfortunately, male) co-worker who told me, "Whatever that is, it's working for you!" Great idea KJ! Now, I have a question for the rest of you: Am I the only one who thinks Master Focus smells like a Brut and Skin Bracer mix? Or, am I the only one who has tried Master Focus?

Great idea KJ! Now, I have a question for the rest of you: Am I the only one who thinks Master Focus smells like a Brut and Skin Bracer mix? Or, am I the only one who has tried Master Focus?

You must not have read the whole thread. I just purchased a bottle of Focus from Atlanta Barber Supply, and had the same conclusion. While, mixing SB and Brut results in something new... focus smells like the two of them on top of each other..... so I mixed Focus into my blend. And I think I like it even more.

You must have got their last one. Am I correct that the Master Comb Focus is no longer being made? It's not on their website.
I was there a month ago and they probably had 3-4 more on their shelf. I had no idea it was a discontinued scent. No big loss in my opinion. Just mix SB and Brut and you've got something really close to it.

Top Bottom