What's new

My "new" '40s Super Speed

I did give it a scrubbing bubbles and a toothbrush treatment, a touch of the felt wheel on the shiny chrome spots, and a light brass brushing on the grip. It was pretty much brown all over with some small green spots, that thankfully were only on top of the chrome, when I pulled it out of the box and the amount of crud that came out of the base with just scrubbing bubbles and a toothbrush was amazing, but nowhere near the amount that was on my wild-found '59 Fat Boy.

What I just did is the minimum I would've done before listing something like this on eBay, but I suppose some people must seem to get close enough to the same amount of money as cleaned up razors that they list and pic them 100% as-is/found.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is a great razor! I own one that's never been used and one that's in near mint condition that I use. Great vintage razor that performs nicely. Nice score!

I had my first shave with the "new" razor a couple nights ago and I have one word to describe it: MILD.

I loaded up a Nacet and, being that I was house/animal sitting about 90 miles from my house, I used some surprisingly decent Gillette Fusion canned goo. This razor tamed the sharpness of the Nacet blade well, but almost too well.

I ended up getting a DFS, but I don't think that BBS is in this razor's playbook, for me, unless I do the full 3-pass with touch up. Still a great shave from a 64 year old razor.

I can see why Gillette started making more aggressive razors (Red Tip) and adjustables less than 5 years after this razor was made.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom