What's new

My first pipe

As I walked around town to finish up Christmas shopping today I had decided to plan my route to take me by my local B&M to check out the cigars before heading home. The store can be very busy even during the middle of the week so I was surprised to see the store empty. As I picked out my cigar for tonight a glint of metal caught my eye. It was a czech tool. I pulled it out and remembered reading all kinds of cool info on pipes and pipe tobacco. What was next to the czech tool you might ask? Well a bunch of pipes. Since no one was in the shop I pulled them out of the cabinet and went through them all.

So I go in to buy a cigar and leave with a pipe, cleaners, and a czech tool.

I only wish I knew of someone on this very forum to blame for this.....

And I have no idea about this pipe....it called to me and it was cheap. Name brand of Calabresi. The shop owner mainly sells Peterson so he did not have too much info on it.

Now to find my first pipe tobacco. :001_smile

Bad cell phone pics but enjoy.

Attachments

• $Baldwin City-20111207-00042-1.jpg
    $Baldwin City-20111207-00042-1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 143
  • $Baldwin City-20111207-00044-1.jpg
    $Baldwin City-20111207-00044-1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 141
Blame James, that's what he's here for.:001_smile Interesting pipe, can't say as I've heard of that one. Welcome to the world of pipe smoking!

Blame James, that's what he's here for.:001_smile Interesting pipe, can't say as I've heard of that one. Welcome to the world of pipe smoking!

Thanks.....I think.

I have been looking at pipe tobaccos for 3 hours online. Wow. What selection! Now I understand why it is so hard to find a place to start.

I have a calabresi, got it on sale some years back. Wasn't the easiest break in and the vulcanite isn't of the highest quality but could'nt complain for the price and once broken in its a darn nice smoker.

Nice! Really like the golden honey colour, I honestly never get bored of looking at pipes and their woodgrain :w00t:

As far as tobaccos go may I suggest "clan" a great starter tobacco IMO.

I buy all my tobacco's from my local guy BUT when i was starting, I bought a bag from Walgreens (drug store) to learn how to smoke well. To this day i still dip into that bag - it's not bad. And it's cheap! Give it a shot, learn how to smoke, and enjoy!!

You'll "need" a second pipe before you know it!

EDIT* ok so i see I responded to an old post so the question now is what did you get tobacco wise? And have you got your second pipe yet lol? You know they need to dry between smokes :001_tt2:..

Last edited:
I buy all my tobacco's from my local guy BUT when i was starting, I bought a bag from Walgreens (drug store) to learn how to smoke well. To this day i still dip into that bag - it's not bad. And it's cheap! Give it a shot, learn how to smoke, and enjoy!!

You'll "need" a second pipe before you know it!

EDIT* ok so i see I responded to an old post so the question now is what did you get tobacco wise? And have you got your second pipe yet lol? You know they need to dry between smokes :001_tt2:..

No second pipe yet....I have been watching ebay. Picked up some 965, Irish Oak, Astley 109, Squadron Leader & got a nice bunch of samples from a gentleman on this board. So far no problems.

So you've bought 2 Latakias, one, er, confused mess and a Pure Va! Stick to Squadron Leader and 965 or you'll end up with a muddled up mess of a pipe. Browse online to find out about forming a cake and breaking in a pipe, then get in some others for the other tobaccos. I suggest a Falcon plus two bowls. I cannot recommend Falcon enough.

Top Bottom