What's new

My First Injector

I just picked this up at an antique shop today:

Not sure what model it is, but it cleaned up nicely. I just ordered blades from Amazon, so hopefully I'll be able to try it out soon.

That is an Eversharp-Schick Type E. It is a great razor, but has a lot of bite! It's one of the most aggressive vintage razors, so be sure not to apply any pressure at all. Just let the razor do the work. I used to get cut up all of the time when first using mine, but the beast can be tamed.

That is an Eversharp-Schick Type E. It is a great razor, but has a lot of bite! It's one of the most aggressive vintage razors, so be sure not to apply any pressure at all. Just let the razor do the work. I used to get cut up all of the time when first using mine, but the beast can be tamed.

They all look the same to me. How can I tell which are more/less aggressive? I have found anything here that gives relative aggressive rating of injectors like there is for DE razors.

They all look the same to me. How can I tell which are more/less aggressive? I have found anything here that gives relative aggressive rating of injectors like there is for DE razors.

Nothing in one place, it does get discussed a lot. And the other side of the coin is that one man's bite is another man's perfection and even that changes with experience using the razor. Best just to try it yourself, make you own call.

-jim

That's a great find. That particular model allows you to swing the spring to the side so you can open the head for cleaning. Most do not allow that so it's a very sought after feature. Enjoy it.

Welcome tp Schick World! Yup that's an E--2 with what is called a "66" finish (the crinkle finish). In general , the lower the alphabetical designation, the more effective it is. The E-2 series is my favorite. Here are some links for your reading pleasure.

http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm ,
http://www.shaveworld.org/home/shave_encyclopedia.php?page=27&category=Safety&querytype=back&select1link=&select2link=&select3link=&select4link=&select5link=&select6link=

Enjoy your shaves.

Top Bottom