What's new

My first brush handle (A work in progress)

Well, i felt like it was missing something. So i made some modifications. I think i am happy with how it looks.

Definitely done with the rough sanding now. 120, 150, 220 grit papers are next.

I'll need to fix the middle line on that ridge, on this side.

That knot is a 23mm, and i still have some room. Not sure if i'll go 24 or 26mm.

Nicely done. What finish are you going to use?

Man, i dont know. What's the best finish that will really bring out the wood grain? I was reading in an old thread that a marine grade sealer will be ultra effective against water. I just don't know which one.

Man, i dont know. What's the best finish that will really bring out the wood grain? I was reading in an old thread that a marine grade sealer will be ultra effective against water. I just don't know which one.
Try using CA glue (super glue) and boil linseed oil. That should should seal up good. Search you tube on how to do this.

Thanks Steve!

Sanded it today with 400, 600, 1200 and finished with a 2000 grit. Sealed it with a marine spar varnish. Applied the first coat it looks great! I'll post pics tomorrow.

I just ordered a 24mm Silvertip from the golden nib. Hope it gets here by the weekend.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Looks great! That should seal water out. I once reinforced a boat transom for a bigger outboard motor. The choice was gloss or satin finish. That stuff is really waterproof!

Last edited:
Here's the almost finished product.

a 24mm silvertip from the golden nib.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Gonna have to go buy some different epoxy, since the one i bought was crud. But this is how it's gonna look. I'll post pictures of the bloom once i use it later this week.

Thank you all for the kind words.

Top Bottom