What's new

My first Arko experience

I finally took the plunge into this shaving den essential, and my experience was OK-ish. Nothing too spectacular.

I’ve read/heard/watched people on how the soap stinks..and i’m not sure I completely agree. It’s not the greatest scent in the world but nothing repugnant either. Decent slickness and glide otherwise though. I bloomed it for about 30 minutes before shaving to make sure it’s ready.

I think the closest soap to Arko in terms of price and quality would be Williams Mug. Both inexpensive , basic soaps. Given the choice, i would prefer Williams Mug over it anyday because i enjoy the scent a bit more, but it’s not a huge difference.

Happy to have an Arko with me in any event and it will be part of my rotation.

FYI - Love the logo and imaging!

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Arko and use it daily. Only comment I have about what you posted is that I noticed a difference between the puck you have pictured and the stick. My son uses the puck I use the shave stick and have had better results with the shave stick. YMMV

I don't think the soaps are different it's likely I use more of the stick and face lathering.

i just got a travel stick of Arko in the mail yesterday. Used it this morning. Scent is ok. Its a clean scent. A cross between medicinal and lemony. But it worked great. Will go into the travel bag.

Coincidentally, this was my first purchase from Shave Nation. Man they're fast at getting stuff out. Amazon will always rake in dough, don't forget the little guys like Shave Nation, Sterling...etc.

Long time Arko user. It may be the easiest soap to lather that I own. The scent is perfectly acceptable. The price is great. Hard to argue with it.

All that said it isn't a soap I tend to use as much as others. In 10 years of shaving, I bet I've only gone through 2 sticks worth of it.

While I got a good shave with Arko my first time. It took me a few more to dial it in, to what I like. Once you do, Arko becomes one of your favorite soaps.

Lately I've been using it more than any of the other soaps in my rotation.

The thing with Arko is that guys will complain about the scent, which escapes me. Then you see how cheap the stuff is, which is amazing. Then you finally decide try it, and your not repulsed by the scent and while it’s basic/generic, it’s a perfectly tolerable scent. The you see how well it lathers and gives a good comfortable shave. After all this and the built up expectation this is going to suck, you find it doesn’t suck, in fact it’s really pretty decent, not exciting but decent. And then you accept this experience semi blew your mind. Instead of admitting that, you become a member in the cult of Arko and defend the honor of your new found turkish friend.

Arko, just like every other shaving product, has a sweet spot. I thought it was pretty ok when I first started using it, but it wasn't amazing. It worked, but wasn't spectacular. I was overloading it which a) made it more pasty/less slick and b) made it drying during and post-shave. Now that I have my lathering skills down and am using a better brush for the job (a synthetic), I am getting some killer shaves from Arko, better than everything else I've tried to date. I use it as a stick which I prefer as it's easier for me to control how much product gets used, practically no product turns into 3 passes of billowy creamy lather. Go easy loading it, no need to bloom it, it's just good stuff. And besides, you don't think it stinks, so half the battle is won already!

Nice review. Arko is on my list of things to try one day, but I enjoy the woodsy or pine scented soaps in my den, so it will wait a while longer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Congratulations!

Tough to beat the Arko ‘value’ proposition: perhaps more fine shaves per $ than any other product! :clap:

Been using the Arko stick for some time. Its definitely my go to soap. I have no issues with the scent. As for performance, Arko is fantastic. Easy to lather up and very slick. It gives me a great shave every time. You can't beat the price.

Mark

Top Bottom