What's new

My finished first

Hello all,
Here is my first completed rebuild
Here’s where I started
$brush.jpg

Here’s where it ended$004.jpg

I found an old logo on the brush when I cleaned it, so I filled it in with sharpie industrial, and then tried to remove most outside the lines with my drill as shown here.
$005.jpg]
After the little spin here's what it looked like$003.jpg
There may be other ways, but for a first project I couldn’t be happier.
The knot is 20/65 best bagger from TGN. It’s set at about a 50 right now. It should be ready tomorrow.
Additional info
Here it is after a soak in pet shampoo
full

and here it is for the first lather
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice dude! That turned out really great. Great work on replacing the letters in black as well. How do you like the best? Anthony's daughter told me their best was basically their silver tip hair but treated differently. I liked the feel of them when I was up there checking things out. Make sure to post pics after you use it :) .

I like the best knots. Plenty soft enough without any scritch. Little less backbone than the finest. Nice restore!

Well I tried to update the p[ost, got it 50% right, still learning. Must have cleaned the brush right, left it on the edge of the sink, my dog came , grabbed it and took off. But one yell, she dropped it.

Heh, my don't doesn't like my brushes. I let her smell my most recent purchase of a silvertip from Whipped Dog and she was weirded out by it lol. I hope the brush is OK? Looks like a great brush you have there, how did you like the Best knot?

I really like the best, it was very soft, and I use mostly soap, and i remember reading that the best was good for either soap or cream. It really sttod up nice and made enough lather for 4 passes. I might try silver next time, but I also was a little wary of using a better knot the first time out.

I really like the best, it was very soft, and I use mostly soap, and i remember reading that the best was good for either soap or cream. It really sttod up nice and made enough lather for 4 passes. I might try silver next time, but I also was a little wary of using a better knot the first time out.

Heh, that was what I was thinking but I had to go silvertip since the handle that I made first was the best looking piece of bamboo I had done up. After you do it though it is easy right? That is what I thought at least. Don't use too much glue is really the only thing you have to watch. I look forward to seeing the handle you end up restoring with silvertip :) .

Top Bottom