What's new

My Favorite Shaving YouTube to Date

Simply awesome! Works lather from boiling hot water, then the guy mows down his beard in two passes. Get's a little weeper. And ends with a splash of cologne and a smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my all time fave's as well. I love the atmosphere. While many of us luxuriate in our shave dens, he's heating up his soap on a stove top, and shaving in what looks to be the sink in his kitchen, which looks to double as a washroom, which looks to double as a living room. Gotta love the baby crying and the carving knife shoved behind the shelf. Marty Scorsese couldn't have done a better job.

Last edited:
Wow, he shaved quick and smoother with a straight than I used to with a Mach 3 and Barbasol! I can only hope I am that good with a straight 1 day.

Very nice. This one is pretty legit, too. I wonder what kind of soap he's using, because he does the second pass without re-lathering and lives to tell.

Willi's a true Raisermeister. He's been shaving with a straight since he was 17.
The weeper was a pimple hiding under his beard. He didn't even feel it.
The razor's his grandfather's. He claims he only sharpens it once or twice a year.
Here's his second video. It looks like he's moved to better premises.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
One of my favorites as well. I'm assuming he's living in an old communist apartment in East Berlin?

I think he was is Switzerland or sumthin. He was quite the celebrity a couple of years ago when he first posted that vid.

These guys are no joke. Willie looks so incredibly comfortable with that razor. I really really really need to lock up my DEs and commit to the straight until I get it down.

Very nice. This one is pretty legit, too. I wonder what kind of soap he's using, because he does the second pass without re-lathering and lives to tell.

I think that it's euro palmolive. Look on the shelf you'll see a green tube. Looks palmolive-y to me.

Top Bottom