What's new

My favorite basketball game of all time

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Even more than the Knicks winning game seven of the 1970 finals, this is number one for me. I remember it as if it were yesterday.

His shot at 13:30 is insane.

Maravich was a magical player. Certainly had a flair with the ball in his hands. Too bad he had such a tramatic life.

IMO a player that doesn't get his due credit was Elgin Baylor. Scored 61 in a playoff final and 71 in a playoff game (still a record). Holds the record for most consecutive playoff games scoring 30 points or more at 11, and there was no three point line during his entire career! At 6'5", 225lbs he was a small forward but was an exceptional rebounder, could handle the ball up the court, scored inside and outside and was an exceptional passer. Dr. J was quoted that he patented his game after Elgin. Elgin could certainly play today.

Hard to believe that the Lakers didn't win more titles during the Celtic championship years. They certainly had the talent equal to the Celtics and I am a Celtic fan.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Maravich was a magical player. Certainly had a flair with the ball in his hands. Too bad he had such a tramatic life.

IMO a player that doesn't get his due credit was Elgin Baylor. Scored 61 in a playoff final and 71 in a playoff game (still a record). Holds the record for most consecutive playoff games scoring 30 points or more at 11, and there was no three point line during his entire career! At 6'5", 225lbs he was a small forward but was an exceptional rebounder, could handle the ball up the court, scored inside and outside and was an exceptional passer. Dr. J was quoted that he patented his game after Elgin. Elgin could certainly play today.

Hard to believe that the Lakers didn't win more titles during the Celtic championship years. They certainly had the talent equal to the Celtics and I am a Celtic fan.

Thanks for the reminder. He really was one of the greats.

83 NCST Wolfpack v. Houston.

One of the greatest Cinderella stories in sports.

RIP- Pete Maravich
Jimmy V.
Lorenzo Charles

Even more than the Knicks winning game seven of the 1970 finals, this is number one for me. I remember it as if it were yesterday.

His shot at 13:30 is insane.

Weren't you in Hershey, PA to see Wilt Chamberlain score 100 pts?

ouch

Weren't you in Hershey, PA to see Wilt Chamberlain score 100 pts?
I would have been six. Then again, I was at a significant sporting event when I was six months old. I did ice skate on that exact spot in Hershey, PA a few years ago.

I would have been six. Then again, I was at a significant sporting event when I was six months old. I did ice skate on that exact spot in Hershey, PA a few years ago.

I saw a bad Little Feat concert (-Lowell George) there in 1993.

ouch

And thanks, you gave me a final entry for my next three troofs and a lie about ouch thread.

Top Bottom