What's new

My-Blades Silver rusting controversy

youtube wetshaving channel host Sinatralennon just posted this photo rusty My-Blades silver that he had in his "Body shaver" on Instagram, Thoughts?
image_123650291.JPG

Even stainless steel can rust under the right conditions. I threw an expensive kitchen knife made with HQ steel into a dishwasher once. It had rust damage afterwards.

I don't find the photo above especially remarkable. If he keeps it in the shower all the time, I would be more surprised that he doesn't experience rusting.

Even stainless steel can rust under the right conditions. I threw an expensive kitchen knife made with HQ steel into a dishwasher once. It had rust damage afterwards.

I don't find the photo above especially remarkable. If he keeps it in the shower all the time, I would be more surprised that he doesn't experience rusting.
This is true. Good point.

I was connecting dots in my mind because their whole business claim is sustainability and environmentally friendly. Since stainless steel has both chromium and nickel, and the manufacturing processes that use them are harmful to the environment, it could make sense to for them to use steel that isn’t stainless. I could be completely wrong here, but just about every blade I’ve ever seen lists stainless if they are, but My-Blade didn’t. Maybe it was an oversight and they do use stainless. Who knows at this point.

Not many producers that offer coated carbon steel blades = Treet Pakistan?

Edit: A German vendor states for the Silver: Made from German steel in Pakistan and Made from Stainless Steel in Pakistan for the Platinum ones.

:)

So Mr. Occam would say we have repacked private label Treet Silver and Treet Platinums here.

Last edited:
Not many producers that offer coated carbon steel blades = Treet Pakistan?

Edit: A German vendor states for the Silver: Made from German steel in Pakistan and Made from Stainless Steel in Pakistan for the Platinum ones.

:)

So Mr. Occam would say we have repacked private label Treet Silver and Treet Platinums here.
That was my conjecture. Treets have similar ink lines.

Nice. I am a fan of Treets. I'll have to try the Silver soon.
I tried to get all the carbon ones. The Black Beauties didn’t work at all for me and I guess they are uncoated. My favorites are the Dura Sharps (yellow pack). There are also blue Dura Sharps but those could be stainless.

A7F2D9B2-1BF5-4934-A12F-0F29DFB075E1.jpeg

Interestingly enough, the Treet Corporation uses renewable energy.

Top Bottom