What's new

My Best Brush Purchases | Pictures Please | Yours Too!

Though to choose, I like all of my brushes or otherwise I would not have acquired them - but if you twist my arm for it I would yell Razorock Plissoft 400 in aluminium.

Well, actually that would imply you getting to twist my arm without me reacting - ok different story.

Second and third might be my T3 or Omega Roma. But my Zenith boar is in a league of its own to be honest!

DIfferent way of interpreting best. For right now, my best purchase is my recent purchase from master @Rudy Vey .
IMG_5392.jpg
Left to right:
26mm Manchurian with narrower Polo handle
Zenith unbleached from olivewood handle with narrower Polo handle
26mm Shavemac D01 3 band with regular Polo handle

I like the idea of having a theme that I've already started thinking what my next theme will be with Rudy.

I dont have any fancy unique brushes but i recently i decided to buy a knot that was on sale so i bought it up and it sat on my workbench for a few months, then I decided to find a handle to sink the knot into. This is 1000x better than my cheap omegas. My custom tiffany brush and W&B razor matching set

Attachments

• 2D6E1A28-63D9-4DEE-B702-D220658AB11F.jpeg
    2D6E1A28-63D9-4DEE-B702-D220658AB11F.jpeg
    739.5 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
Though to choose, I like all of my brushes or otherwise I would not have acquired them - but if you twist my arm for it I would yell Razorock Plissoft 400 in aluminium.

Well, actually that would imply you getting to twist my arm without me reacting - ok different story.

Second and third might be my T3 or Omega Roma. But my Zenith boar is in a league of its own to be honest!
But my Zenith boar is in a league of its own to be honest!
I’m on the same bus. I love my big Zenith boar.

IMG_0388.jpeg

A Brush Journey

IMG_1116.jpeg

IMG_1117.jpeg

My Plisson Silvertip used exclusively for two a half+ decades of cart shaving, with TOBS creams.

Arriving at B&B in 2019, with a lust to improve and learn new shaving methods. I had to give up my minimalist ways. B&B hit me like a walk from a shady lane. Into a stroll down Disneyland’s main thoroughfare. A dazzling, kaleidoscopic, avalanche of shave equipment. I did not know, I needed more stuff. 😁 I love online shopping.

Favourite: best liked or most enjoyed.

A stable of thoroughbreds. So many reasons to love them all. Difficult to choose. The centre black Zenith horse hair and the Zenith Chubby Scrubby boar, at the front right, are the two name brand purchased brushes. The silvertip, and the pair of two band Badgers as well as the black and white handled boars. All purchased as parts, I set these knots, into the purchased handles. More reasons to love them.

IMG_1902.jpeg

All set for a lifetime of comfortable shaves. Hard to choose. Harder to break years of habitual norms. Where’s the Plisson? Which is the favourite? These animals will soon be sold. A Canadian sale because of shipping costs.

Love Affair: An intense enthusiasm for liking something
Commitment: An engagement of obligation that restricts freedom of action.

I’m a committed minimalist. My fantastic shave journey always had a foreboding empty or deep hollow spot. Happiest as a minimalist. The Brush journey was the last of the four. The most difficult choice. Finally I could return to my roots. My brush journey introduced a loving respect for constantly changing boar hair. Only having used five or six boars. The choice was easy. I like big brushes, I like boar hair. I removed all but two brushes from the shave shelf, Zenith Chubby Scrubby my back-up brush, and a nice handled barber 💈 synthetic for looks only. It could be used under apocalyptic circumstances if need be.

My Favourite brush, Zenith Boar B-35 31x57mm

IMG_0380.jpeg

A years sabbatical from B&B strengthened my minimalistic yearnings. It was a good thing. Back to the future.
Enjoying my fixed four. A hollowness replaced with, comfortable, luxurious shaves. A satisfied mind. My B&B path on the straight and narrow. Cautioned by Yogi Berra, “ When you come to a fork in the road, take it”……….

Last edited:
My Rudy Vey w/ an Envy White Supreme knot has been my favorite and daily driver since I got it in 2016...

View attachment 1645751
That is stunning! Do you recall the handle material? Maybe Mr. Vey remembers, @Rudy Vey?

To be clear, all the brushes on this thread all look incredible! Glad I’ve got another great brush coming in, otherwise there would be a hole burning in my pocket! (Still could happen lol)

Last edited:
That is stunning! Do you recall the handle material? Maybe Mr. Vey remembers, @Rudy Vey?

To be clear, all the brushes on this thread all look incredible! Glad I’ve got another great brush coming in, otherwise there would be a hole burning in my pocket! (Still could happen lol)
I don't recall - sorry.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks

Yes, and I have a lot of it on hand. Strawberry Amber.....or ss i named it once dark amber butterscotch with a swirl...

Simpson Duke 3 2-Band Silvertip that I got barely used from the BST. While I like my other brushes, if I had to go down to only one, this would be it.

I'll also mention my Simpson Berkeley 46 Best Badger since it punches so far above its low price point.

full

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yes, and I have a lot of it on hand. Strawberry Amber.....or ss i named it once dark amber butterscotch with a swirl...

Rudy Vey Keyhole Pure Mine.1-1-21.jpg

I think this is one of them.

The knot is Shavemac pure.​

dark amber butterscotch with a swirl

Obviously, the handle was made by Rudy Vey who also installed the knot. Rudy also advised me that this particular batch of Shavemac pure was of very high quality relative to some other batches.

This may not be one of my most favorite brush purchases. It 100% scratched my itch to try out a high quality pure knot which gives it a place of honor on my shelves.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Lovely handle material, Rudy, not to mention the amazing turning you did.

And on a Rudy note: I know of several Rudy handles in the works here, including one for me. I’m sure we’ll all post them on this thread to give people ideas for the future……or now. <eg>

Top Bottom