What's new

My B&B Brush - first uses

Well, I finally got the courage to tell SWMBO about the two new brushes I've been hiding for the past week. She didn't give me too hard a time :confused1 - I think she's saving it as ammunition to be used later.

Saturday I pulled out the Ebony Finest and fired it up with some of Colleen's TGQ Lavender de Provence cream (perhaps my favorite cream of all time). My first thoughts were "Oh my God, this is way too much brush for me". The cream exploded all over the place after just two or three swirls. What a mess! I think I may have used too much cream and left too much water in the brush before lathering. Still, I got a great shave using my Bill Ellis restored Wostenholm 7/8 half hollow with dessert ironwood scales (perhaps my nicest razor).

This morning, I made sure to dump more water from the brush and had at it with the Mitchell’s wool fat soap. The lather was much more under control and pretty much perfect. The brush was very soft, but stout enough to let you know it was there. Had another great shave this time with a Bill Ellis F. Fenney 7/8 wedge.

I was a little worried after the first shave that the brush wasn't going to work out for me. With a little tweaking on my technique though, it came through like a champ. I can't wait to try the Silvertip.

Be sure and give the brush(s) a few uses before you draw your conclusions.

Thanks to the development team for putting this together! :thumbup:

Jordan

My lather technique is horrible, or maybe its the proraso cream, but when using the finest silver tip, it explodes, but it dies on my face =/

My lather technique is horrible, or maybe its the proraso cream, but when using the finest silver tip, it explodes, but it dies on my face =/

Try doubling or tripling your cream amount, and post up your results.
You can get it sorted out it just takes some practice. :biggrin:

Top Bottom