What's new

My 4-dollar Krona

Found at a local antique mall. Here it is after a quick soap and water wash-off. It's currently sitting in a bath of CLR (just the head) for a day or so to see how it does. If it cleans up well enough, it's a user. If not, I'm out 4 bucks, oh well.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice, had the full set early last year. BST'd the lot. Nice and mild but I out grew mild.

Full set for me was,

All black handle
All black but with silver decal on bottom of handle
Black handle with silver end cap with black decal on bottom of handle
Bleached out so looks grey handle
The long handle
The short handle
Silo doors with logo and with out logos
And the quite rare gold tainted / coloured one.

All reall nice.

I asked this in another thread, but, do you think a spotless one, in its case is worth $18 at an antique store?

Congratulations.....I am looking forward to owning and trying one.

I asked this in another thread, but, do you think a spotless one, in its case is worth $18 at an antique store?

Congratulations.....I am looking forward to owning and trying one.

"Worth". Spotless meaning mint. One can always ask for 10% off and usually they will give you that.

I used my Krona for the first time today.... and loved it! Definitely not my favorite razor so far, I like my super adjustable more, but it is a nice razor. I got 2 off the bay for $10 shipped, and I think it was $10 well spent.

After a 24hr bath in CLR, and a little toothbrush work, it's amazingly clean. Some of the discolorations are still there, but all of the rust is gone. I need to give it a bath in some disinfectant (wife is a nurse and is freaking out at the potential germs), and it should be ready for a shave on Sunday when I shave again.

On a side note, I think I have symptoms of RAD. I saw a couple old Techs in an antique store yesterday and had to remind myself that the cash in my wallet was for lunch and not a 65yr old razor. *twitch* *twitch*

Nice find! I'm restraining myself today from going to a local antique store today to pick up either a razor or a mug. This madness has to stop.

Top Bottom