What's new

My 2nd Merkur 23C is garbage 1st was amazing!?

I just got a Merkur 23C from amazon as a replacement for a 23C I bought over 10 years ago.

The 10 yr old razor shaved well until its head plate broke off.

So I bought a new one and it is useless- doesn't shave whatsoever...same razor blades same razor but different result.

Have they changed the design slightly?

This razor is worthless.
Has anyone else had this problem?
What possibly could I be doing wrong?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
If you are not happy you might be able to exchange the razor as faulty and try another one under warranty.

I just got a Merkur 23C from amazon as a replacement for a 23C I bought over 10 years ago.

So I bought a new one and it is useless- doesn't shave whatsoever...same razor blades same razor but different result.

This razor is worthless.
Has anyone else had this problem?
What possibly could I be doing wrong?
It's possible you got a defective razor. There's a small percentage of defects and you were unlucky. I don't think they are all bad, or the company would be hearing from a lot of unhappy customers.

I'd try for an exchange. That should be easy to do with Amazon. Another possibility is just get a refund on that razor and then buy a spare top cap to replace the one that broke. Cost is under $10, IIRC, but shipping adds a little more to that. I know when the time comes, I plan to just replace a few parts. I've got plenty of handles that will work.

Hard to understand why the new model is so radically different. Return it to Amazon for a refund and get a Merkur 34C.

Have you tried putting the new cap into the old razor to see if that fixes the problem?

But I would contact the vendor, and see what they say..

I had a 34C about a decade ago and it was quality. 10 years later I had a 33C & 23C and the quality wasn't there anymore. I think Merkur has gone downhill. Weird though that some are still like the older ones. I bought a 37C a few months ago and it's great!

Top Bottom