What's new

MUSTER blades ?

Anyone have info on these ?

Attachments

• $Muster%20100%20DE%20blades-800x800.jpg
    $Muster%20100%20DE%20blades-800x800.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 153
Never heard of them. Do you have one already? If so give it a try and see how it goes. There are some great blades out there and you never know until you try.

Okay so when I misspell it in English I come up with a few more results, including several sites that sell them. TVB Shaving will ship to the USA (the others I checked out will only ship to EU countries).

Due to the spelling, the possible origins are Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary & Turkey. I'm guessing either Hungary or Turkey. I'll write to a vendor who lives in Istanbul I talk to sometimes and see if he knows.

Great !...Ask him if he knows what happened to Bluebird blades as well .....

Anyone have info on these ?

Okay, as you can tell from my earlier posts, I was very curious about these. I finally found some from what I thought was an Italian shop, but which were delivered from Slovenia. As you can tell in the OP this blade doesn't come in tucks, only the box of 100, so I might assume that they're mostly used in barber shops. But where they're made is a mystery to me. No "made in" anywhere—neither on the box, nor on the wrapper, nor on the blade itself.

I shaved with my first one this morning, and here's what I'll say after a single shave. I put it in a Merkur 23c long-handled razor and lathered with Suavecito creme from a jar (slightly denser than their tubed creme, but not much). I lathered with a Semogue Excelsior 1305.

My first impression was that it wasn't particularly sharp, but it did seem smooth. That impression solidified as the shave continued through three passes. At the end, of it, I got a DFS+ (I was in a bit of a hurry this morning, so I might've been able to get a BBS had I been more meticulous). And, I must say, I have never, ever had less irritation. Not even the least hint of a sting when I splashed on the aftershave.

The jury's still out. One shave is not definitive. But after my first impression, I'm looking forward to seeing how this blade holds up through multiple uses. If you get a chance to try them, Malocchio, go for it.
$IMG_0732.JPG

Last edited:
Sounds like a decent blade....Hard to believe there is no evidence where they are manufactured !...I've seen this exact inner wrapper on another blade...Can't remember which one at this (senior) moment...

Attachments

• $zzzzgfdjyh.JPG
    $zzzzgfdjyh.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Sounds like a decent blade....Hard to believe there is no evidence where they are manufactured !...I've seen this exact inner wrapper on another blade...Can't remember which one at this (senior) moment...

Darn! If you remembered which blade you saw it with, then we'd probably be able to figure our where it's made!

I actually found it odd that the wrapper itself bore no resemblance to the labeling on the box, and assumed that it reflected a manufacturer in general rather than a blade's branding.

Make sure you post here when you remember it or find the blade in question!

That's an Israeli (ASR) Personna "Crystal" wrapper. Rebranded blade for the Eastern European market.
......I have never owned a Crystal blade,but I have seen these same wrappers on American ASR blades....The Muster is certainly an Israeli ASR....Nice work Mischka !!

So these are rebranded Personnas? Do you reckon they're manufactured in Israël then?

I'll have to shave with a Red tomorrow, or check to see if I have a Crystal (I think I might have a single blade from a sampler, but I'm not sure), in order to compare it to this Müster.

I shaved with the same Müster blade for the second day today, and these things are quality. Once again, not the sharpest, but as smooth as any I've tried. There have been times with other blades when I've thought I was getting a smooth shave but didn't feel the burn until I apply the AS splash and then suffered the rest of the day. But with the Müster once again today, it felt smooth throughout the 3-pass shave, and when I splashed on the AS, almost no kickback (yesterday there was none). I used a Chiseled Face AS which is usually pretty aggressive, too. An hour later, and no razor burn.

Left to right: Viking Sword, Crystal, & Israeli Red. I think I have some newer IP's, but not handy at the moment.

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1449308833545.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1449308833545.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Well, that last post of mine didn't turn out quite like I planned! I'm still getting used to Tapatalk. [emoji15]
The picture sure looks a lot better here at my house!

Last edited:
Top Bottom