What's new

"Must Have" vintage safety razors

what my arsenal is currently:
Gold Tech late 40's
1966 super speed flare tip
1971 super speed
Schick Corona ( having a lil love affair with, so unusual)
Star Bakelight wwII razor
Baili kinda copper looking razor, its ok. just ok.

I just got a pre-war Tech. Very mild but no weepers and BBS with 2nd pass. I love Super Speeds and Rockets but really enjoy this razor!

what my arsenal is currently:
Gold Tech late 40's
1966 super speed flare tip
1971 super speed
Schick Corona ( having a lil love affair with, so unusual)
Star Bakelight wwII razor
Baili kinda copper looking razor, its ok. just ok.
Schick “Krona”?
Don’t really know it - why you like it mann?

I agree with Schick Krona. It's a fantastic shaver, both mild and efficient.
Also my other top four shavers would be;
Schick L1 Injector
Schick Repeater C1
Leresche 51
Gillette Knack

Now this list differs from my "Must Have Collectors Pieces" but these would me my must have best shavers imo

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Old Type
New Improved
New Type SC

...and if you can find them a 1980's Fatip is pretty darn cool.

Last edited:
I have a 7 O'Clock as well. I paired it with a Weber SS handle since the stock handle is a bit small for me. I love Gillette "New" short combs but the 7 O'Clock with a Gillette Sharp Edge is hands down my favorite open comb. The ATT S2 is an amazing open comb as well. Had to throw that in there. The 7 O'Clock is a ridiculously smooth razor but with good blade feel. This is a superb razor that is unmatched by anything else that's out there. I'm glad you have one and shared with the rest of us. Enjoy and take good care of it. It'll out live us all.

I have a 7 O'Clock as well. I paired it with a Weber SS handle since the stock handle is a bit small for me. I love Gillette "New" short combs but the 7 O'Clock with a Gillette Sharp Edge is hands down my favorite open comb. The ATT S2 is an amazing open comb as well. Had to throw that in there. The 7 O'Clock is a ridiculously smooth razor but with good blade feel. This is a superb razor that is unmatched by anything else that's out there. I'm glad you have one and shared with the rest of us. Enjoy and take good care of it. It'll out live us all.
I was not jazzed with my first attempt at the 7 o'clock, I'll have to give it another spin.

The aftermarket handles wouldn't be of any use for my 7 O'Clock.
It's has become daily battle with my 2 piece RFB. Let's see who will win the war in the end.

The part that it will out live is all is compromised by a small crack in the handle. It's still secure and by design it gets clampd by between the head and the bottom knob.

Everyone should have:

A three piece like a 50's/60's ball end Tech razor. is a must.

A Gillette adjustable. No need for a vastly overpriced Fatboy either. A well cated for Super is as good as they made.

An OC is a must. A British 7o clock is as good as they come and built to last. Prices are very reasonable still.

A SE razor like a Gem is a great addition.

Interesting. I've only seen the 3 piece 7 O'Clocks that break down like the Gillette "New Types." The handle on your is larger than what came stock on mine:

304bb696.jpg

It would be interesting to see if there is a shave difference. Quite possibly different blade gap, etc. Great looking razor, yours.

R

romsitsa

Interesting. I've only seen the 3 piece 7 O'Clocks that break down like the Gillette "New Types." The handle on your is larger than what came stock on mine:

View attachment 983127

It would be interesting to see if there is a shave difference. Quite possibly different blade gap, etc. Great looking razor, yours.

Yours is a rebranded flat bottom Gillette. The fixed handle "Rfb" is a rebranded Rotbart. Later has an Old type head modified to accept only New type blades. Yours shaves like a New with a Tech cap, the other like a thick cap Old type.

Adam

I revisited my 7 O'clock (which is the 3 piece model) and still not jazzed. I switched to a Weber handle to give it a bit of heft, but nope. It's going back into the drawer of shame.

Top Bottom