What's new

Munich, Germany: Terror attack leaves at least six dead

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Just heard on the news that there was a terror attack on a shopping center in Munich, Germany this afternoon/early evening. The attackers with long guns shooting at people. So far the police confirmed that there six dead with several wounded. Attackers are at large, they supposedly yelled "Allah u Akbar".....
They were also targeting children at McDonald's, as I just heard on the TV.

Süddeutsche Zeitung says no indication of a terror attack so far. Polizei Münchnen have asked that the speculation stops.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Our hearts go out to these poor innocent victims of terrorism. Our thoughts and prayers are with them, and their families in this dark and horrendous time.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Attackers are at large, they supposedly yelled "Allah u Akbar".....

1) Whoever the attackers are, they are scum of the worst order.

2) Information is just coming in, much of it contradictory or confused ... the truth will come out soon enough.

3) There are several reports of the attackers shouting anti-foreigner slurs and claiming to be "German". Again, the truth will come out soon enough. (I doubt that B&B is the place for the debate "who's worse, ISIS or the Gestapo?" ... fortunately we don't have to like either.)

4) Let's focus on prayers for the victims and their relatives.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Horrible tragedy in Munich (it seems no one is safe). There are no words.

The Mrs. and my thoughts, cares and prayers are with you always. I hope everyone can keep Germany, the victims and their families in your thoughts because they'll be in for a rough patch for a time to come.

As we are so moved and (again), stand-up in solidarity...Unsere Gebete sind mit Ihnen (Our prayers are with you), in the face of terrorism.

To the victims and their families, don't lose hope and faith because God is watching over you from a distance.

attachment.php

proxy.php
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit (German for "Unity and Justice and Freedom".)

Last edited:
CNN)At least nine people were killed and 21 others hurt Friday in a shooting rampage at a busy shopping district in Munich, Germany, police said.

Police searched for attackers, found a man who had killed himself and concluded he was the only gunman, the police chief said.

The unidentified gunman was an 18-year-old German-Iranian who had lived in Munich for more than two years, Chief Hubertus Andrae told reporters.

The gunman started shooting at a McDonald's across from the Olympia shopping mall about 5:50 p.m. (11:50 a.m. ET), Andrae said. He moved across the street to the mall, which is adjacent to the site of the 1972 Olympics.

proxy.php

Photos: Deadly shooting at Munich mall

proxy.php

• Police, thinking up to three gunman might be on the loose, launched a manhunt, putting the city on virtual lockdown. Police urged residents to stay in their homes.
• At 8:30 p.m., police found a man who took his own life, Andrae said. Based on surveillance video and witness statements, police concluded he was the sole gunman, Andrae said. The man was not known to police and his motives are unclear.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Just read the latest news from Germany. The guy who did this was single, so the initial reports of three gun men have been proven to be wrong. He killed 9 and then himself...Bad news.

Top Bottom