What's new

Mundial Classic??

I saw that shoebox shave shop is selling a new Tech style razor, called the Mundial Classic.

Anyone have a chance to try one out yet?

Mundial Classic at Shoebox

The price is very reasonable, and it doesn't look that badly made. Tech clones interest me, as it seems most are not as good as the original. :tongue_sm

proxy.php

Looks pretty sweet.

Price is certainly right.

Maybe you should get one, compare it with a vintage Tech, and let us know.:cool:

Looks pretty sweet.

Price is certainly right.

Maybe you should get one, compare it with a vintage Tech, and let us know.:cool:

I need to resist feeding my ADs. I already have a Feather Portable coming this week; I was trying to scale back my razor collection, not continue to grow it. :lol::lol:

The thinness of the bottom plate squicks me out. Chunky, solid metal is one thing I love about nice DEs, and the tin-can-ness of that plate turns me off.

Always good to see a new DE though.

The thinness of the bottom plate squicks me out. Chunky, solid metal is one thing I love about nice DEs, and the tin-can-ness of that plate turns me off.

Always good to see a new DE though.

Didn't notice that at first: yep, the shoddy construction of the bottom plate rules this out as being a durable razor. I will pass, especially considering that I just ordered a Feather Portable. :tongue_sm

I agree that the blade plate looks a bit thin - probably OK but it will likely have peculiar balance. I had a TTO that I bought in Brazil and the quality was very low unfortunately.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If you had a hone, and held it at the right angle, you could probably shave WITH the blade plate.

Mundial is a Brazilian firm which makes first class, high end, well priced, chef's knives. I have one and it is superb. I'm sure this little razor is a quality product.

I bought one of these, the head is very thin and you could actually bend it without effort, if you are looking for a heavy stem then it's worth the money just don't pay for the extra shipping.

that looks alot like a tech clone i picked up here in spain under the brand "better",
absolute trash sound quality, the guardbar would bend from just looking at it,

Mundial is a Brazilian firm which makes first class, high end, well priced, chef's knives. I have one and it is superb. I'm sure this little razor is a quality product.

I don't know; it is the 'made in China' part that worries me most.

I have held more expensive Chinese razors in my hand that were only good for recycling.

Top Bottom