What's new

Multiple blade razors and shave cream

I am new to wet shaving and am curious if the higher end shave creams will work well with a multi blade razor. I am currently using a Gillette ProGlide razor.

Yes. High end creams improve the performance of any razor and the enjoyment of your shave.

Welcome aboard. Let us know if you have additional questions.

A brush and a good cream or a good shaving Soap are just a good start for any razor.

Your skin will soon confirm!

For the records I started feeling better like I write before, starting with a Proraso and an Omega brush and my face was like a Renaissance

I use the same multi-blade system you do and high quality cream and soap work great!

Feel free to come by the Modern Shaving Systems sub forum and make yourself at home!

Before I got my Safety razor, I was using shave soap with a similar cartridge amd I got better shaves. i guess it was a combination of the soap and the brush.

Welcome to the club, Bob. Glad to have you aboard. A brush and a good soap/cream can beat a can any day, with any razor--except maybe an electric.

$comp_PB082748_0.jpg

A good soap or cream will "boost" th eshave with a multi-blade cartridge a lot. Myself do it every day. The sharpness of the blades will stay longer, too.

Greetings

Andreas

I just did my 1st brush and creme shave today and I'm using a Mach 3.
It gave me much better results than using Edge, Barbasol, or Harry's Shave Cream.
I used a Parker Silver Tip brush, Proraso creme and a Captian's Choice Lather Bowl.
FYI the Barbasol gave a better shave than the others.

Thanks to all of you who have responded. Great advice. I am ready to dive in. I've ordered a pure badger brush and proraso cream. Can't wait to dive in and explore. This is such a great board to read and share/ gain information. A lot of great ideas out there. Thanks again

When I was in my 20's I regularly used shaving soap and a brush with my Gillette Sensor. I consistently got good results.

I used Edge gel with a Trac II razor for many years before taking the plunge with a badger brush and top-notch shaving cream. No question the better creams clog less and provide a much better shave.

Several creams I have found work well with the Proglide are Nivea Sensitive, Cremo, and Neutragena Shave Cream. None. Are expensive and all worked well for me, of course YMMV. Good luck

Yeah, nivea sensitive shave gel is probably the best canned shave product I've used. Gillette's "regular" foam isn't bad, but it's really dry.

I haven't tried shave soap with my 4-blade, might be worth a shot later since I still have four carts left...if I feel like it. :p

Yeah, nivea sensitive shave gel is probably the best canned shave product I've used. Gillette's "regular" foam isn't bad, but it's really dry.

I haven't tried shave soap with my 4-blade, might be worth a shot later since I still have four carts left...if I feel like it. :p

I used MWF soap for the first time last night. It was slicker than AoS or TOBS creams, but with a less dense lather. While I missed the density I get from creams, it might be just the thing for a multi-blade cartridge. Super slick and slippery, but easy to clear from the blades.

Top Bottom