What's new

Muhle R41 head

I bought one full R41 from the UK and the top cap has a #5 and the full head is 32gr. It shaves nicely.
Recently I bought a second R41 in the USA , the top cap has a #2 and the full head is 29.4gr. Will use tonight.

Have you gents noticed any differences in your top cap numbers and most important: any shave differences....

image.jpg

Hope the #2 isn't a fake one....seem in the pic the finish is a bit rough...color is a bit shinier in the #2 but is unused .

There was a 2011 version of the R41 and the 2013 version. Here's link to a post about the differences...it doesn't mention the 2 and the 5 under the head.

Nice link, thanks.
I just measured them and the dimensions are identical, just a weight difference and #.
And I think the #2 top cap a bit different form (left) notch
IMG_20191120_174713.jpg

Well , not sure if the 2 is any different...if at all a bit more efficient... was a bit concerned at the beginning of the shave.

Will keep trying w the #2. BTW this was a new buy in its original box .

I live in U.S. and mine has a 2 on it. It is not a 2011 model as I had one of those and sold it. I don't think the number has any relevance, just a tooling/manufacturing number.

The replacement part from Muhle has a 5. Your two caps appear to be slightly different shapes. I'm not sure if that has any affect on the shave. Perhaps there was a switch at some point. The R89 has a number 4 so it's not one of those caps.

Muhle-Replacement-Top-Cap-R41-2.jpg

R

romsitsa

Hello, the wieght difference is in the cap with #2 having a deeper cutout.
The forms used to cast pot metal wear out with time and get replaced, maybe this is represented by the number.
I suspect #5 is also somewhat worn as the fitting of cap and comb is tragic.

Adam

Top Bottom