What's new

Moustache at young age

I have no opinion on that really. Moustaches look good on some, and less good on others.

Do you like it? then wear it. Otherwise, don't.

I have had a moustache since I graduated high school in 1985. At the time mom said that it would date me. I have had one ever since. Over the years I have shaved it off 4 times and only for a day or 2. It is interesting to see peoples responses when I have no moustache.
As long as one can grow one and it looks good age does not matter.

I can't recall the last time I shave my upper lip... in fact, I'm not sure I have ever shaved it. I'm with the others, if it grows, and you like it, keep it. :)

I'm not a fan of moustaches and wouldn't wear one today - I much prefer a goatee or full beard. I'm like Bobbers in the way that I had a moustache in my high school days in the 80s as well but mine was more due to the fact that I didn't have the ability to grow anything more than light hair on my face at the time.

Add my +1 to the list of people who say if you like it, keep it. You have one life to life, so do what makes you happy.

I've never seen any young person anywhere that looked good with a mustache. Most teenagers have that disgusting peach fuzz look that means that they aren't yet physically matured. The ones that have full hair growth tend to just look creepy with mustaches.

I've never seen any young person anywhere that looked good with a mustache. Most teenagers have that disgusting peach fuzz look that means that they aren't yet physically matured. The ones that have full hair growth tend to just look creepy with mustaches.

Well, sure... of course, adults not liking a fashion on a teen has always stopped them from doing it. lol

I still stand with "If you like it, keep it and wear it.".

Well, sure... of course, adults not liking a fashion on a teen has always stopped them from doing it. lol

I still stand with "If you like it, keep it and wear it.".

As a teen, my mustache came in first, but when I started growing a neck full of fuzz, my parents told me it was time to learn to shave. I shaved my neck, but didn't want to shave off the mustache, for fear I would look younger. In hindsight, I realize now how bad that mustache looked, and I probably shouldn't have waited so long to start shaving it with the rest of my face. Lol.

But as always, YMMV.

I got tossed out of high school for a mustachio and sideburns on several occasions.

I shaved it off once. Got so much grief about it that it will never leave again

I agree with the other that if you can rock a full on stache then go for it! If you need a few more years until you are able to get the full growth out a your stache then might be best to shave it vs having a very sparse one though.

depends on what you mean by young....high school?
in that case, no I think it looks cheesy and sort of age inappropriate, even if you could grow a full one.

college? sure, but youd be advised to have it as part of an overall style...otherwise it just comes across as out of style and possibly sloppy.

be careful of looking like this:
proxy.php

I don't personally think they make a young man look older at all.

My goatee comes and goes but I've had a moustache for nearly twenty years. It has nothing to do with what's in style. If you like them and it grows well, grow it. However, the peach fuzz look doesn't look good on anyone. With great moustache comes great responsibility.

I'm going to be the dissenting opinion here and say that a moustache in high school or college is almost always a bad idea. And I say that as someone who's had some form of a beard and/or moustache over the last 15 years.

Top Bottom