What's new

Most overrated shaving product.

When you get 3 shaves from a 10 cent blade..or you shave all week (7 times) from a 50 cent blade...wheres the advantage of going the cheap route???

This is exactly right. If you're going to stick with Feathers (they're one of only two blades I use) then you should become acquainted with B&B member & vendor "dridiot". He has an eBay store where you can buy Feathers at <$0.30 a blade including shipping.

Anything that is used before shaving or after shaving.... a good shave shouldn't require a bunch of other add-on products. Warm water or lather softens the hair, the razor removes the hair, water rinses off everything that doesn't need to stay.

If that doesn't do it by itself, then there is something wrong with the soap or the razor.

Of course, if you use all of that stuff because you like to hang around the bathroom, that's perfectly fine. But it should only be needed if you want an excuse to extend the shaving experience.

Oh yeah, and any shave that doesn't come from a well-prepared straight razor with a comfortable edge (like DE or red weeper-inducing hells-a-fire razor burn making super sharp straight shaves in 9 different directions).

Way overrated.

A good simple comfortable daily straight razor shave that's "pretty close", with blade buffing and touch-ups as needed in one pass is where it's at.

I am amazed by how many överrated things mentioned here are not products and by how many people feel the need to try to convince someone who thinks a product is overrated that it is not.
My answer, Äny product which someone feels compelled to defend because someone else doesn't like it is overrated by at least one person". ;-)

Anything that is used before shaving or after shaving.... a good shave shouldn't require a bunch of other add-on products. Warm water or lather softens the hair, the razor removes the hair, water rinses off everything that doesn't need to stay.

If that doesn't do it by itself, then there is something wrong with the soap or the razor.

Of course, if you use all of that stuff because you like to hang around the bathroom, that's perfectly fine. But it should only be needed if you want an excuse to extend the shaving experience.

+1

I say this as I am waiting for my Alum, Witch Hazel and Proraso Pre/Post Cream to arrive. :001_unsur

Feather blades. I just don't get the awe and reverence surrounding that brand.

Creamo Cream is another. Its Orange Tang-scented hair conditioner, folks.

Feather AS D1 - check
Feather blades - check
Badger brushes - check
Simpsons brushes - check
AdP - check
MdC - check
MWF - check

My Overrated Shave Kit - check

+1

I say this as I am waiting for my Alum, Witch Hazel and Proraso Pre/Post Cream to arrive. :001_unsur

well, the alum bar can prove quite useful sometimes. I just threw out a bunch of post-shave stuff cleaning out my shave bathroom yesterday, and I have a full bottle of witch hazel. But I won't be throwing out the alum bar, for sure. Maybe only need it once every three weeks, but it's pretty useful when you do!

Could be there's something "wrong" with the skin too, YMMV, and YVLYDHMS. (You're VERY lucky you don't have my skin!)

Shave oils like shave secrete... Never actually gave me a better shave and almost seems like it causes razor to glide over without actually cutting stubble...

Top Bottom