What's new

Most consistant blades?

I have tried astra,dorco,personna,wilkinson sword and various types of gillette. All have been very good. Lately though, i bought some topaz platinum blades from India. They were really cheap for 50. I have used one blade every day for ten days now and have had great shaves. I do clean and wipe the blade down thoroughly after each use and lightly draw each side of the blade over a piece of 0.25 lapping film a couple of times. I am now obsessed with seeing how many shaves i can get out of one blade.
I would rate these as good as the dorco and personna for sharpness but cannot comment on consistency yet as i have only used the one blade so far.
I would like to know if anyone else has tried them yet.

Most blades I like are pretty consistant but the ones I used in large numbers without finding a bad one are;

-Lord Super Stainless (used in between 100 and 200)
-Souplex (used 50+)

Some named Feathers and though I never found a bad blade this is the blade with the widest variety of good shaves per blade thusfar (from 1 to 3). Still a good blade. Also consistant is Derby but I don't like that blade at all and I only used about 10 of those so that doesn't really mean anything.

Top Bottom