Shane, Moses, whatever

Where do you live?
NYC

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
Associate Lawyer

What is your favorite shave setup?
Gillette #66
Blade (Merkur at the moment, but not totally happy)
Vulfix brush
QED Sandlewood Soap

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Reading - Love to read. Alternate between light thrillers (Clancy, et al) and real Lit.

Kayaking - Used to be a very serious WW kayaker. Not so much time anymore, and can't figure out how to get my boat out of my city apartment and onto a river.

Hiking - Grew up in the mountains, hiking a lot.

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
Well, dunno what to say. I'm a hardcore country boy trapped in NYC at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I like the city, but not really my thing, I think.

I started "classic shaving" about a month ago, and am hooking. I wasn't really getting bad shaves from my M3. Pretty good in fact, but always looking for better, and frankly, this is just so much more fun.....

(Thread generated automatically by the Hall of Fame Submission Form)

Greetings Moses!
You've got the right attitude for classic wet shaving, and so it appears that you have a lifetime of great shaves ahead of you.
Get out your plastic, kick back, and go for the gusto. RAD, SCAD, SBAD aren't at all bad!

moses said:
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
Well, dunno what to say. I'm a hardcore country boy trapped in NYC at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I like the city, but not really my thing, I think.

“I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dude's eye and shoot him with my ole forty-five.” - Bocephus

Hola fellow trapped country boy!

moses said:
Please allow me to introduce myself:
Kayaking - Used to be a very serious WW kayaker. Not so much time anymore, and can't figure out how to get my boat out of my city apartment and onto a river.

I had the same problem, and Feathercraft folding kayaks [www.feathercraft.com] was the answer. I ordered mine direct from the company in vancouver, but I understand that http://www.nykayak.com/ also sells them in your area.

Better, by a LONGshot, than a rigid kayak. IMO. Also, much more portable and storable as it packs into a backpack. I have the Feathercraft Big Kahuna and can provide more insight into folding kayaks....

Also, welcome to B&B:badger:

Joe

I've heard the feathers are great. (No, NOT those feathers, people...). Maybe I should think of getting one. Unfortunately, not sure I can justify the cost at the moment... but tempting...

Unfortunately, they are totally unsuited for White Water use, which is what I REALLY want.

Well, but I never knew how to shave - notice the beard in all the old pictures, or that marble thing Michelangelo did....

Josh,

Thanks for the welcome. Yep- Actually, shaving may be the only thing I don't do while doing client work.... I shave when I get home at night. It is my one real relaxation in the day, as a rule.

Shane

Top Bottom