What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

In this one the Simpsons Duke 3 2b is well used and has bloomed as much as I think it ever will. The M&F brush is new and unused. Always good to see a brush next to another for comparison.

proxy.php

Added overhead shots, again Duke on the left and M&F on right

proxy.php

proxy.php

When tied the Duke is slightly denser, however when I got the D3 it took ages before it generated lather; now it has I would never let it go. The M&F seemed to have more flow through after only a couple of uses. Used it quite a few times now and the M&F is a very nice brush indeed.

Last edited:
In this one the Simpsons Duke 3 2b is well used and has bloomed as much as I think it ever will. The M&F brush is new and unused. Always good to see a brush next to another for comparison.

proxy.php

Added overhead shots, again Duke on the left and M&F on right

proxy.php

proxy.php

When tied the Duke is slightly denser, however when I got the D3 it took ages before it generated lather; now it has I would never let it go. The M&F seemed to have more flow through after only a couple of uses. Used it quite a few times now and the M&F is a very nice brush indeed.

Where do you buy the duke in 2band? Looks amazing!!!:ohmy:

The Duke 3 in 2B was a custom made one purchased direct from Simpsons. I heard of someone asking for one after I had bought mine and they said no. I am not sure if it is something they will only do when/if their production facility is not in full tilt doing orders, or if they have closed the door on custom requests altogether.

I find the D3 a nice compromise between the smaller brushes which make up the majority of my collection and the Chubby 2 and larger brushes. The M&F is of a similar place in my collection. It is very much YMMVW here, some guys use a BK12 or big Polo every day, to them this would be a small brush but for me it filled a gap in my collection that none other could.

Almost a year ago i inquired at Vulfix to make me a two band Duke but on second thought i declined since the difference with a Grosvenor was rather small imo...

I just placed an order with Lee for my M&F brush with 24mm knot and a 51mm loft. I'm really excited. I just hope I can wait the two weeks it'll take to get here... i doubt it. WCS can subside my AD while i wait. :p

THE POST OFFICE FOUND MY BRUSH !!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

And he's a beauty.
He's going through his 1st scrub right now. I took some pictures next to his competition.
1) M&F, 28mm, 58mm loft
2) Simpsons Duke 3, 49mm loft
3) Penworks/TGN STA, 30mm, 51mm loft.

I love the feel of the M&F, the handle is very comfortable with a nice heft and it whipped up the lather in record time. Unscrubbed the hairs are nicely dense by feel, they seem denser than the D3 or TGN. Both the D3 and TGN have had some use though.

Running my fingers over the tips, they are very soft, even not having been lathered. Similar softness as the Simpson or my Shavemac D01, both of which have had quite a bit of use. Considerably softer than the TGN.

I couldn't get over how beautiful the horn handle is and had to take a picture of the base of it.

Notice how large it is when lathered, compared to the MWF. It causes shivvers to run down my back thinking of how it will feel. :thumbup1:

I'm gonna love this brush.

Top Bottom