What's new

Mordecai- a new movie where the Moustache has a role

Here are some clips of a new movie where Johnny Depp sports a Handlebar. Now those of us that sport an HB, now have a movie where the Moustache is a character. Looks awesome! Sorry Mortdecai

Last edited by a moderator:
Read all the Mordecai books (I thoroughly recommend), which are a very pleasing and unholy cross between P.G. Wodehouse and Ian Fleming - Jock the thug/man-servant is a gem of a character

I'm not sure the stories will translate well to screen though (perhaps watch the film first, then read the books) but it does look as if it will be good and I can't wait, finally a film I want to go and see!

This does actually look amusing. Of course, now that I've been working on growing out a handlebar for several months, a freaking Johnny Depp movie comes out with him sporting one. Now it'll likely be assumed that was my "inspiration" and such... *sigh* Dang it.

This does actually look amusing. Of course, now that I've been working on growing out a handlebar for several months, a freaking Johnny Depp movie comes out with him sporting one. Now it'll likely be assumed that was my "inspiration" and such... *sigh* Dang it.

I know right! If the movie becomes popular then we're bound to meet people who assume that anyone with a Handlebar grew it because of Johnny Depp. It will completely skip their mind that a Handlebar doesn't grow out in a couple weeks and most of us started these before the movie even came out.

It does look good on him though ;)

People often make similar assumptions with regard to my H-bar, ask me if I'm in a Barbershop quartet, or if I'm associated with a local dance troupe that wears handlebar mustaches.

Those reactions wouldn't get me at all, no issue there. I am more against appearing "trendy" or looking like I'm imitating some movie style and such. lol I guess I should just relax more and not give a care...

I know right! If the movie becomes popular then we're bound to meet people who assume that anyone with a Handlebar grew it because of Johnny Depp. It will completely skip their mind that a Handlebar doesn't grow out in a couple weeks and most of us started these before the movie even came out.

It does look good on him though ;)

these trailers are different than the ones on TV, In fact the ones on TV are more directed at the HB. To you comments, It happened last night with my wife, as there is a scene ( you just have to see it ) where Depp and Paltrow have a reaction to his Moustache. I have not heard the end of it, all last night, and again this morning, now our kisses goodbye are now movie fodder. It's hilarious. This is going to be fun, and I am sure all of us will get the looks and comments the night we go to the movies. I say bring it on:thumbup1:

strop

Now half as wise
Must see movie!

Just remember. You wear the 'stache, not the other way around.

I'm still trying to decide if it's real or not.

Must see movie!

Just remember. You wear the 'stache, not the other way around.

I'm still trying to decide if it's real or not.

Mark, did some research and apparently is was his , just died blonde, the article said he let his Moustache grow. Here is the funniest trailer, that my wife has been emulating :blink:n looks like he definitely channelled Terry Thomas. I have to read the books now!

really looking forward to this

Last edited by a moderator:

strop

Now half as wise
Mentioned this movie to my wife, though maybe I shouldn't have!:lol:

We were both looking at the books this morning. There are 4 in the series, so I guess I know what I'll be starting over the holidays.

Mentioned this movie to my wife, though maybe I shouldn't have!:lol:

We were both looking at the books this morning. There are 4 in the series, so I guess I know what I'll be starting over the holidays.

Where did you find them I want to get them. Thanks

Top Bottom