What's new

Montblanc Slimline Fountain Pen Rehab

My father-in-law gave me a set of Montblanc Slimline pens and pencil that he's had for many years. There's a mechanical pencil, ballpoint pen and a fountain pen. The tip of the nib seems to be bent a tiny bit and it writes a bit erratically. I'd like to get it cleaned up and adjusted. Any recommendations?

To be honest, once tip of a nib is damaged it is best to just have it replaced. You can sometimes find replacement nibs on Ebay or on the web.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My father-in-law gave me a set of Montblanc Slimline pens and pencil that he's had for many years. There's a mechanical pencil, ballpoint pen and a fountain pen. The tip of the nib seems to be bent a tiny bit and it writes a bit erratically. I'd like to get it cleaned up and adjusted. Any recommendations?
Nid Hog:
Personally, I would have it repaired by Montblanc. :thumbup1:

http://www.montblanc.com/3412.php

Q. "Where can I have my Montblanc product repaired"?

A. "Montblanc products can be repaired by a Montblanc Boutique or a Montblanc Service Center. To this effect, you may hand in your product at any Montblanc Boutique or Montblanc authorized retailer or jeweller, or send it directly to a Montblanc Service Center. For further assistance please contact Customer Service or send an email to [email protected]".

Christopher
proxy.php
"The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium". Norbert Platt

Thanks guys--I appreciate your suggestions. I'm on the road for the rest of the summer, but when I get home, I'll send it out.

What inspired me to do this is that there's a Montblanc shop at a duty free shop down the street from where I'm staying. I've wandered in a couple of times, thinking about augmenting the Waterman Phileases (is that the right plural?) that are my everyday pens with something like a Meisterstruck. Although the temptation is there, I keep thinking the set that my father-in-law gave me something like fifteen or twenty years ago. It was right before a move, so I put them in a "safe place" and promptly forgot about them. When I was looking for the ink converter for one of my pens before I left last month, I found the long-forgotten box in the back of my desk. I think that the money I'd spend on a new pen would be better spent getting this set up and running again.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Thanks guys--I appreciate your suggestions. I'm on the road for the rest of the summer, but when I get home, I'll send it out.

What inspired me to do this is that there's a Montblanc shop at a duty free shop down the street from where I'm staying. I've wandered in a couple of times, thinking about augmenting the Waterman Phileases (is that the right plural?) that are my everyday pens with something like a Meisterstruck. Although the temptation is there, I keep thinking the set that my father-in-law gave me something like fifteen or twenty years ago. It was right before a move, so I put them in a "safe place" and promptly forgot about them. When I was looking for the ink converter for one of my pens before I left last month, I found the long-forgotten box in the back of my desk. I think that the money I'd spend on a new pen would be better spent getting this set up and running again.
Nid Hog:
When you get back and if you have the extra time...can you send some
proxy.php
of your repaired Montblanc Slimline Set?

Christopher
proxy.php
"The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium". Norbert Platt

Top Bottom